Nathan Barley

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by FruitBat, Mar 19, 2005.

1. FruitBat

FruitBat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +379
    Anyone watch this?

I thought the series was quite amusing, but last night's final episode (repeated tonight) had me laughing out loud.

Perhaps the senility has kicked in...

2. Roohster

Roohster
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,905
    No, you're not alone... I loved the series, though it's probably because I work with a load of "Media Types" on a daily basis and it's so accurate....30 year old blokes coming to work on BMX bikes etc....

Chris Morris is a comic genius.

3. El_JimBob

El_JimBob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Technically, it was more Charlie Brooker's show than Morris', but his stamp was definitely there.
    Didn't like it at all at first, but that was probably my dismay at having to wait so long for a new Morris collaboration, only to find out that it was just a sitcom and not a cutting political satire ala 'Day Today' and 'Brass Eye'.

Still, who could not warm to it - especially considering the motley array of characters on offer....
    I doubt we'll still be talking about it in 6 months time, but it has giving me some new catchphrases to utter (as nauseum) for the time being :D