NASMount Plug-in for Humax Foxsat HDR Web Interface

Thankful btw it does let you set a password bcoz its not just anonymous access
you set it through the wdtv
Do you set a username too? In which case this should be the username and password used to connect in NASMount.

Another massive "THANKS"!!!

Very easy to install, now working with a share on my NAS!

I can now put off installing a bigger disk in the Foxsat, but will bring forward the day when I need to upgrade the NAS!

Alan

yep username and password same credentials but comes back error mounting
Ok. Couldn't resist. Dusted of my WDTV live and successfully used NASMount to mount the USB drive connected to it.

It would seem that the key is in the share name. The WDTV creates a Samba share for the USB drive that is named the same as the USB drive itself. This is the name that appears in the "File Manager" page of the WDTV. It's also the name that would be displayed in Windows explorer when you plug the USB drive into a windows PC. You can change it in Windows by right clicking on the drive in Windows Explorer and selecting the "Rename" option.

The default name seems to be USB2 for the few USB sticks I've tried. This seems to be used if there is no other name defined on the drive.

As far as username and password is concerned the WDTV is set up to allow any access to the drive so username and password specified in NASMount is irrelevant. I used "aaa" for both and it mounted fine.

Hope this helps.

Ok. Couldn't resist. Dusted of my WDTV live and successfully used NASMount to mount the USB drive connected to it.

It would seem that the key is in the share name. The WDTV creates a Samba share for the USB drive that is named the same as the USB drive itself. This is the name that appears in the "File Manager" page of the WDTV. It's also the name that would be displayed in Windows explorer when you plug the USB drive into a windows PC. You can change it in Windows by right clicking on the drive in Windows Explorer and selecting the "Rename" option.

The default name seems to be USB2 for the few USB sticks I've tried. This seems to be used if there is no other name defined on the drive.

As far as username and password is concerned the WDTV is set up to allow any access to the drive so username and password specified in NASMount is irrelevant. I used "aaa" for both and it mounted fine.

Hope this helps.

Thankyou mate what a star I'm going to try this now thanks Adrian 10 out of 10

Thankyou it works Tested and works

Thankyou Adrian once again btw you said you have got a raspberry pi do you send recording to it in the same method or XBBC is totally different?

Can I also send the recordings up to xbmc on the raspberry pi that has a USB attached using the same method?

Last edited:
Punctuation always helps to get your message across clearly. :)

lol raydon how you doing mate nice to finally speak to you its nice to speak to the guy who actually made the best software for the foxsat hdr

Thanks to you and others that are building add-ons like Adrian and everyone else I'm getting so much from the box

Thankful very much and the I know my grammer is really bad I have done some editing to it now lol

Last edited:
It was punctuation, not grammar.;)

Ok so, it should work like this.....

..Hope that works.

Yes it did!! took a couple of attempts but I was putting in the wrong IP address :facepalm:. Then had to create a new admin rights user with password and selected re mount all shares and hey presto!!

Plays files a treat and if you use the side car files created by AV2HDR you get all the additional info as well!!

Thanks for the help

Stacey

Second thoughts, it doesn't seem to show most of the folders/files on my NAS. It seems to be random which are and aren't shown, they all show up on the T2.

:thumbsdow

Second thoughts, it doesn't seem to show most of the folders/files on my NAS. It seems to be random which are and aren't shown, they all show up on the T2.

:thumbsdow
I suspect it's not random - few things of this nature are.

The Foxsat will only "see" (i.e. display) files from the NAS that are in its native transport stream (.ts) format. And only then if the corresponding (and valid) sidecar .hmt and .nts files are in the same folder. The Foxsat is not capable of playing other file formats (AVI, MKV etc). The T2 may be capable of playing more formats - I don't know.

So, do all the folders contain files that fit this criteria?

In order to double check what's actually mounted and visible on the drive you could use the Media Browser in the Web Interface (go up one level from the default "Video" folder, then down to the sd?? folder - the ?? will depend on whether you also have a physical USB plugged into your Foxsat - if not it will be sda1). Or connect to the samba share and take a look in /media/sd?? to see what the mounted drive is presenting.

it just keeps getting better, thanks guys.:clap:

I'm trying to mount two folders from the same server onto the hdr. Is it possible?

I've managed to setup one folder (films) from my server, which is working fine. I had a quick play to add a second folder, without success. I don't understand the share name and mount directory fields. Could someone please explain these and how I can add this second folder (TV) as a mount? thanks.

it just keeps getting better, thanks guys.:clap:

I'm trying to mount two folders from the same server onto the hdr. Is it possible?

I've managed to setup one folder (films) from my server, which is working fine. I had a quick play to add a second folder, without success. I don't understand the share name and mount directory fields. Could someone please explain these and how I can add this second folder (TV) as a mount? thanks.
See post #3.

To mount more than one share you will need to give each a unique "Mount Directory" value. NASMount will create a folder at the root of the vUSB which corresponds to each "Mount Directory" specified. The NAS share will then be mounted onto that folder and consequently the files from it visible under it.

For example, two NAS shares called "Films" and "Documentaries". Films share mounted onto Mount Directory "Flicks". Documentaries share mounted onto Mount Directory "Docs".

Once mounted the contents of the "Films" NAS share will be available under the "Flicks" folder on the vUSB. The content of the "Documentaries" NAS share will be available under the "Docs" folder on the vUSB.

I suspect it's not random - few things of this nature are.

The Foxsat will only "see" (i.e. display) files from the NAS that are in its native transport stream (.ts) format. And only then if the corresponding (and valid) sidecar .hmt and .nts files are in the same folder. The Foxsat is not capable of playing other file formats (AVI, MKV etc). The T2 may be capable of playing more formats - I don't know.

So, do all the folders contain files that fit this criteria?

In order to double check what's actually mounted and visible on the drive you could use the Media Browser in the Web Interface (go up one level from the default "Video" folder, then down to the sd?? folder - the ?? will depend on whether you also have a physical USB plugged into your Foxsat - if not it will be sda1). Or connect to the samba share and take a look in /media/sd?? to see what the mounted drive is presenting.

Ah! Only .ts files. I have converted all those to .mpg on the NAS.

Not all the folders on the NAS showed up, though (hierarchical folders). Ah well! Not for me.

The beauty of FTP is that it doesn't leave a dialogue box on-screen for hours when uploading folders. It feels much faster, too.

Nice work, though!

Ah! Only .ts files. I have converted all those to .mpg on the NAS.

Not all the folders on the NAS showed up, though (hierarchical folders). Ah well! Not for me.

The beauty of FTP is that it doesn't leave a dialogue box on-screen for hours when uploading folders. It feels much faster, too.

Nice work, though!

If you want to play back on the Foxsat you will need to repackage the .mpg container to .ts and create the support files using av2hdr.

this is amazing stuff, thanks a million and to ALL the other devs and plugin makers, brilliant - cheers

Wow. That was easy to set up.

Great stuff and many thanks again. :thumbsup:

I have the Media & File Server Bundle for the Foxsat HDR - Release 4.1.0 installed and NASMount plugin also installed.

I can acces the Web interface on my Windows 7 Desktop PC.

Whilst attempting to mount a drive with NASMount, I have created 4 new folders on the HDR under the sda parent folder when trying different "Mount Directory" names.

None of these has succesfully mounted however. My drive on the PC is partitioned into 3 and my intended folder is at E:\HDR

How do I delete the folders now in the USB1/sda/..... partition of the HDR?

I beleive that my failure to mount the networked drive is down to settings at the PC.

But I am now confused how to proceed.

What information can I provide to enable your help?

J

Last edited:
I found how to delete the folders with OPT+ and the File Manager on the HDR.

Now just need to be able to mount a drive!
J

I found how to delete the folders with OPT+ and the File Manager on the HDR.

Now just need to be able to mount a drive!
J
Hi Jennifer, Did you set up the Windows share for your E:\HDR folder ? If not you should follow Adrian's instructions on how to do this in post #19 in this thread.

Yes - I ran through that routine but must have got something wrong.

Will check and try again.....

Cannot see anything wrong but slight differences in Win7. The process is confusing though.

More problems - the browser will not now log onto the HDR. Giving up for now!!!

J

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom