Nas Media Player?

Reaction score
Hi Guys..
now im stuck :confused:

I used to watch downloaded movies on my desktop (2x 17" tfts) which was great.. but due to a change around... i had to get rid. Ive gotten rid of my desktop, and am investing in a netbook.

My problem....

I'm looking for something i can use to plug into my television (i dont have vga in... but do have phono and scart connections) i have a wireless router with a ethernet connection for network and a sony dav-dz500f 5.1 surround system. :D

I would like to use this as a media server... but also as a network attached storage. I can download the films to the netbook (16gb hdd) and then transfer these to the 'media server' which has more space.. Then use this as a interface to play the films on the television without purchasing a new one with vga (otherwise id make a htpc)

Does anything like this exist? or am i dreaming?? :rolleyes:

:lease:

Why not get a network hard drive and a cheap network media player?

I have a 1Tb Western Digital World Edition and a cheap and cheerful Zyxel DMA-1000 media player (which comes with Scart lead) both plugged into my router. Total cost <£140

Both the WD World Edition and the Zyxel have ethernet ports so no USB involved:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom