• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Nas Media Player?

Hi Guys..
now im stuck :confused:

I used to watch downloaded movies on my desktop (2x 17" tfts) which was great.. but due to a change around... i had to get rid. Ive gotten rid of my desktop, and am investing in a netbook.

My problem....

I'm looking for something i can use to plug into my television (i dont have vga in... but do have phono and scart connections) i have a wireless router with a ethernet connection for network and a sony dav-dz500f 5.1 surround system. :D

I would like to use this as a media server... but also as a network attached storage. I can download the films to the netbook (16gb hdd) and then transfer these to the 'media server' which has more space.. Then use this as a interface to play the films on the television without purchasing a new one with vga (otherwise id make a htpc)

Does anything like this exist? or am i dreaming?? :rolleyes:

:lease:

Hinchley Grinch

Why not get a network hard drive and a cheap network media player?

I have a 1Tb Western Digital World Edition and a cheap and cheerful Zyxel DMA-1000 media player (which comes with Scart lead) both plugged into my router. Total cost <£140

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom