Question NAS /AV receiver for my setup?

arnozzle

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Noob here, my setup for media sharing content has been my main pc running 24/7 with air video streaming to tablet/phone and serviio streaming to my samsung dlna tv (ue46eh6030). I also have an old pc connected to the tv to play streaming flash website content (mainly sports).

I have since moved house and have wired the whole place with cat6, and have a networking cabinet with many free 19" bays where i wanted to install a NAS, so my pc (gaming machine 800w psu etc) doesn't need to be on 24/7. I am planing to install 3 more tv's so in total there would be 4 tvs connected with cat6.

So my 3 requirements for a NAS / AV receiver combo are:

1- stream ALL video /mp3 formats to tv (with transcoding servviio style)
2- Some solution for webcasting/streaming to ipad like what air video does when i am not at home
3- being able to watch flash content on tv (here i guess is the av/receiver that would replace the pc)

I have loads of win7 generation machines and laptops if i need to run the nas as a windows pc, but i am not sure any of my motherboards/psus etc would fit a case for 19" rack.

I am not an audiophile, a standard pc 2.1 like a logitech sounds good enough for me.

any suggestions are welcome as to what type of gear i should be looking to get.

Thanks

Arnozzle

Welcome to AVForums!

Thanks mate! BTW Seeing as you are a Mod, did i post this in the right section?
Your needs cover a number of areas, which isn't unusual honestly. See what responses you get here initially then if it is slow a section Mod can move it a sub-forum such as Streaming or similar.

bump? nobody has any suggestions or pointers? are my requirements utopian?

Shall I request it to be moved to the Amps forum for you?

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom