1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

narrowed my choice to 3 sets

Discussion in 'TVs' started by tagus, Dec 17, 2002.

1. tagus

tagus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all. After a few months of research in the stores i narrowed my choice to the following 3 sets. Now if money was not a serious issue what woulkd you choose ?
    - Phillips 32"9527
    - Toshiba 32ZD26P
    - Loewe Vitros 6381
    Please help me decide!! Many thanks

2. gavintennant

gavintennant
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lol...

I'm in exactly the same boat as you... I had decided to go for the Loewe, purely becuase it's different and has a great picture, the TV itself looks pretty damn good also. The TOsh also looked pretty good bt I hated the stand. I thought about it for ages but decided on the Loewe. No particular reason... just becuase it looked good and it was different! Depends what you want from your TV and what you plan on connecting to it.

Problem with me was, I started searching to deeply and now I'm going to have to buy a plasma instead!! Don't know if the picture quality will match a Vitros, no-one seems to answer that question!

3. tagus

tagus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, glad to know there is another person in the world who reached my conclusions.
    There is, however, an issue at least where i live that is the manufacturers warranty:
    the tosh lasts 5 years and the loewe only 2,
    does this mean anything to you ? Love to hear.

4. evans

evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    tagus

your not the only one with this decision. the problem is that when you go to the store you dont know if the settings are set to get a better picture or not, so a good tv might come across as a crapy one. I myself liked the philips 32pw9617 as it has the dolby digital as well so no need to fork out for extra amp. Also the dvd playback is sensational. Did not see the artifacts people are talking about. Saw the toshiba 32zd26 with dvd playback and analogue and it was very good. But I still think the philips has the better picture quality and that is the bottom line I think, these things are not cheap and the way a lot of people talk about buying its like going out to buy a leg of lamb!

As for the Loewe vitros I think it is more expensive than the rest
    but knowing german products has superior longevity and reliability.

For you I would say the toshiba for value for money if you can get it after christmas for a little less than 900 pounds

anyway good luck

evans

5. racer

racer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I had the same problem for over two months! I finally decided on the Loewe (I got the Aconda but the Vitros is the same).
    I was only interested in picture quality from DVD and Sat, Loewe has a much more realistic reproduction of image than the other sets I looked at. Even it's processing technologies (DMI,DMM,DNC) where much more subtle than the 9527. If you add to that, fantastic build quality and looks I am overall very pleased with my choice (despite the extra money needed for the Loewe).

racer.