narrowed my choice down to these two..help

kmpowell

Don't hold your bresth for the Sony being released on that date. That chap in the Sony centre yesterday said that he wasn't xpcting the new X3000/3500 for at least a couple of months.

:thumbsdow

coffee

Standard Member
Don't hold your bresth for the Sony being released on that date. That chap in the Sony centre yesterday said that he wasn't xpcting the new X3000/3500 for at least a couple of months.

:thumbsdow

so mate which tv would you go for if they were both in the shop just now

turtle3

Standard Member
I didnt realise the SAMSUNG F series were out yet, just checked and they are in stock, prob why the M series can be had for such amazing prices, i think you would be please with either of those two models i know i would, im gonna take advantage and order a LE40M for £800 and will have enough left for a ps3 :thumbsup:

kmpowell

so mate which tv would you go for if they were both in the shop just now
I'm probably not the best person to answer, because I am in a similar position to you. Saying that though I'm not sure anybody is going to be in a good position to answer yet as the Sony has yet to be released over here.

For me, I'm comparing specs and then asking for real world opinions (see my Samsung thread).

:)

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
Both are the top range in each company,but its to early.wait a little

coffee

Standard Member
Product Specifications for sony

• Resolution
Full HD 1920 x 1080
• Colour
Black
• Contrast Ratio
18,000:1
• Response Time
8 ms
• Tuner
Analogue/Digital Freeview
• Speakers
Yes
• HD Ready
Full HD (1080)
• Dimensions
112 x 72 x 33 cms
• Weight
26 Kgs
• Warranty
1 year manufacturer
• Picture in Picture
Yes
• Connections
3 x HDMI

S Video

Component

2 x Scart

1 x USB

PC Input

Product Specifications for samsung

• Resolution
Full HD 1920 x 1080
• Colour
Black
• Contrast Ratio
25,000:1
• Response Time
6 ms
• Tuner
Analogue/Digital Freeview
• Speakers
Yes
• HD Ready
Full HD (1080)
• Dimensions
110 x 61 x 11 cms
• Weight
20 Kgs
• Warranty
1 year manufacturer
• Picture in Picture
Yes
• Connections
3 x HDMI

S Video

Component

2 x Scart

Composite

1 x USB

PC Input

RS232C

the two seem pretty similar samsung higher contrast ratio and less response time the only difference i can see ( not a techy head)

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
In USA the two sets are available.While on specs they have some differencies someone compared them side by side in shop and said that X3500 was better than the samsung.I dont follow his opinion,just reffer it.Personally I believe the two will have the same performance!!

coffee

Standard Member
In USA the two sets are available.While on specs they have some differencies someone compared them side by side in shop and said that X3500 was better than the samsung.I dont follow his opinion,just reffer it.Personally I believe the two will have the same performance!!

have pre ordered the sony but in two minds now after seeing the spec on the samsung will the difference in the contrast ratio make much difference:confused::confused:sony 800 pound more:eek::eek:

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
I am general believer that the dynamic contrast ratio doesnt make many difference!!Its just a marketing myth for the adverts!!(it makes little difference).The real contrast is the on-screen.On sony its 2.200:1.On samsung I dont know!!!

coffee

Standard Member
I am general believer that the dynamic contrast ratio doesnt make many difference!!Its just a marketing myth for the adverts!!(it makes little difference).The real contrast is the on-screen.On sony its 2.200:1.On samsung I dont know!!!

cheers for the info mate

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
You are the second with this tv!!!!Waiting for impressions!!!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom