Narrowed it down to Two

Doctor Smith

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Epson tw3500 or Mitsubishi HC3800

What do you think

I have been struggling with the same question and have decided upon the TW3500. It always seems to be out of or limited stock which suggests it is a popular projector. Could anyone suggest anywhere in the Greater Manchester area where I could buy one?

They are both supposed to be very good. There are a few reviews around comparing the two.

I am going for the epson 3500 for these reasons:

Lcd rather than dlp
Huge lense shift so flexible placement
Brighter for non ideal rooms
Warranty is better
Bigger image from a shorter throw

Will hopefully get mine soon!

can i ask why you didn't go for the panny ae3000 from the classifieds, doctor smith? did you find out his warranty wasn't transferable?

I've a TW3500 and have found it to be a superb upgrade from an AE900. Got it from projectorpoint early December and must say had excellent service from them.

can i ask why you didn't go for the panny ae3000 from the classifieds, doctor smith? did you find out his warranty wasn't transferable?

He still hasnt answered so i guess it isnt

I've a TW3500 and have found it to be a superb upgrade from an AE900. Got it from projectorpoint early December and must say had excellent service from them.

What screen are you using, what are the blacks like:thumbsup:

Just paid for it! Coming wednesday.:thumbsup:

Epson 3500 and panoview 234x132 manual screen.

Its my first projector so I bet it will take ages to set up. Cant wait now.

So much to learn.

I suppose its easier to set up than some because of its lens shift and zoom. I assume it can sit right way up on a shelf 7 foot up in the air or maybe it will have to go upside down?

I will post my thoughts when its all up and running

make sure you have a tape measure and a spirit level.:smashin:

It would be a bugger if after fixing projector and sceen to ceiling, that you could not lens shift it enough!

Oops, out with the polly filla!

Must be a nightmare with no shift or zoom.

Not really mate I got my Infocus X9 with no lens shift roughly where I wanted it then measured the the picture on the wall then ordered a screen and fitted it. Easy really!!:D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom