Narrowed down to 3 TV's so need help hisense oled and Qled and LG oled

llsid

Novice Member
Hi All
I have an issue, been searching for a TV for months and narrowed it down to these 3. TV will be for kids watching Disney junior and Disney channel (dreaded logo in the corner) and Disney plus, Netflix and IPTV for sports mainly football and cricket.
TV's below
1 : Hisense 65U8GQTUK £749
2 : Hisense 65A9GTUK £1100
3 : LG OLED65A16LA £1399 or customer 30 day return £850 but only 3 months warranty.

Any help will be amazing, is screen burn something I should worry about with hisense and LG. If anyone can recommend anything else would be greatful. Budget about 1100 lower the better.
Thanks
Sid

Dodgexander

I don't think an OLED is really suited if you have kids that tend to have phases of watching the same content over and over. Plus, its likely you won't be able to always be around when the kids watch TV so you can't really see if they are leaving it turned on for long periods without watching it.

I'd suggest as David has above going for the Sony X90J in my starter section here:

Samsung Q80A is also an option. For sports usage Sony is better.

llsid

Novice Member
I don't think an OLED is really suited if you have kids that tend to have phases of watching the same content over and over. Plus, its likely you won't be able to always be around when the kids watch TV so you can't really see if they are leaving it turned on for long periods without watching it.

I'd suggest as David has above going for the Sony X90J in my starter section here:

Samsung Q80A is also an option. For sports usage Sony is better.
Hi Dodgexander
Thanks for taking the time to reply to me. Really appreciated. You are spot on about kids watching the same thing over and over again. Get it every day and complain if I switch it of even if they not watching lol. Will give the Sony a try tomorrow to see if any in store to look at. Was looking through all the comments about the Hisense u8g. A shame as it looked like a great TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom