Question Narrow centre speaker help

Dave911

Hi
Reconfiguring the av setup and wanting to put my amp and centre speaker under the tv. Trouble is my current centre speaker is 8" high, would like something about half the height that will hopefully do the job.
Are there any ones out there that you are aware of that could fit the bill. The budget is around the £200 mark.
Thanks

Member 769353

Previously davidf
There's not too many around that slim, and it could be argued that very slimline ones with very small drivers is compromising things too far. You could have a look at the Monitor Audio Radius R200, which is 4" high.

PSM1

Distinguished Member
What are your current speakers?
You may well be better having no centre at all compared to a poorly positioned (in a cabinet is not ideal) and poorly matched one.

Dave911

My mains comprise of kef psw 2000 mini eggs with a rel sub, the centre is a kef 90 (replaced the mini egg). The cabinet will be open to allow the amp to cool as they do get very warm, but we do not want the screen too high as it would then really dominate the room.

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Even an open cabinet will adversely affect the sound from a speaker. Could you put the centre above the screen? Also you really want the front 3 speakers to be the same make and model hence I would look to replace the front 3 at least if looking for a new centre.

Dave911

There's not too many around that slim, and it could be argued that very slimline ones with very small drivers is compromising things too far. You could have a look at the Monitor Audio Radius R200, which is 4" high.
Hi David

Just to let you know, took your advice and purchased said speaker - oh and I had to get the radius 90's as well [emoji6]

Thanks for the advice, well happy
IMG_1964.jpg

Attachments

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom