1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Narrow CD player

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by paiger, Dec 13, 2002.

1. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am planning on getting an Arcam DV27 in a few months once they have the DVD-A bit sorted out and in the mean time I need a CD player. I am currently using a Sony DVD player but can't take it any more, after hearing the DV27 it's just not good enough.

So, what I need is a temporary CD player, a fairly good one that I can get maybe second hand for £100-200 and most importantly that is not full width. I'm looking for something like the Cyrus CD7 but without the price tag. It's only a temporary solution so I'm not too fussed what it is but it has to fit in a cupboard that won't take a full width unit.

So are there any competent CD players that are in reasonable second hand supply for around £100 and no wider than 350mm?

I'm sticking an ad in the classifieds if anyone has such a thing.

Steve

2. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Look around for an old Linn player. You should be able to get something for the money.

3. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    for that money, maybe one of the older Philips machines. Pity it has to be stop gap a quad 67 would fit the bill if you can find one, Ace machine. Meridian did some smaller players, some of the older ones might suit the budget.

4. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you know anything about the Quad 66? How do you rate it whats it's value approx second hand in good order? Can't find any meridian players anywhere although that would be nice.

Steve

5. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Cant help you with the 66. Never heard it. Im suprised there arent some Meridians around though, 500 series.