Narc - TV Series (US)

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Paramount Television & Joe Carnahan is developing a 10-episode TV series based on his excellent 2002 gritty movie, 'Narc', and taking inspiration from Cary Fukunaga and Nic Pizzolatto's hit TV series 'True Detective'.

Carnahan;
"I’m writing the outline of it right now. I mean, dude, it’s crazy. I came up with, what I thought, was a really cool way of kind of depicting that world right now, particularly Detroit. And Amy Powell, [Head of Television] at Paramount, God love her, really fell in love with it and said, “Listen, do you think we can do it?” And I said, “Yeah.” I mean it’s gonna mean some interesting things in terms of the feature and I don’t wanna give anything up yet, but it’s really exciting, man. It’s kind of the perfect television. It’s kind of limited, whether you do eight or 10 or what have you. It’s a really perfect format to kind of explore that world.

I wanna do something really cinematic and really filmic and keeping it the style… look I thought what Cary Fukunaga [and Nic Pizzolatto] did with True Detective was fudgeing phenomenal. It just had such a brilliant through line. Just a creative through line. And you knew that the origin was one single voice. That was fantastic. And I may do that on Narc. It’s like, that’s the thing, between directing maybe potentially eight to 10 of those hour long things over four or five months or whatever and busting my balls to a finance an indie? I’ll take the TV side. It’s much cooler. And the time, you can really let these things unfold, you know what I mean? Every moment’s not like a buzzer beater. It’s nice to let it kind of relax and just unfold naturally."

DVD-Man

Distinguished Member
I like Carnahan Nd his idea but doesn't or didn't he commit Hollywood career sucicide with a letter to some MGM exec?

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
^^^^ This story - Director Joe Carnahan Calls MGM Exec a 'Spineless, Gutless Turd' in Profanity-Laced Email - The Hollywood Reporter

Victor Gojcaj (The Taking of Pelham 123) is rumoured as Nick Tellis, Jason Patric's part from the movie.

2963873_4.jpeg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 840332

Do you think Victor Gojcaj will get the part?

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
I think the show is dead

No official confirmation on castings, except for anonymous Wikipedia postings

D

Deleted member 840332

I think your right. I hope Victor get the part. If the show is dead then Victor will not get the part.

D

Deleted member 840332

If you go to Victor Gojcaj imdb site. It said Projects In Development. Under that it said Narc. It been like that for few years. I hope in few weeks there news on Narc. They talk to Joe Carnahan two years ago. He said he write the tv pilot. He said he want to make DVD and the tv series will be on tv. Still no news yet and that was 2 years ago.

D

Deleted member 840332

Do you think this show will get made? I hope so and Victor get the part.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 840332

This is all I find out about Narc TV Series.

Victor Gojcaj (The Taking of Pelham 123) is rumoured as Nick Tellis, Jason Patric's part from the movie.

Eminem to Produce, Write Music for Joe Carnahan's 'Narc' TV Series.

The TV Series coming out 2020. I just gotta wait few more weeks until there more news on Narc TV
Series. I hope there more news on TV Series soon. If there more news on Narc TV Series. Post it here.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
This is all I find out about Narc TV Series.

Eminem to Produce, Write Music for Joe Carnahan's 'Narc' TV Series.

The TV Series coming out 2020. I just gotta wait few more weeks until there more news on Narc TV
Series. I hope there more news on TV Series soon. If there more news on Narc TV Series. Post it here.

do you have a vested interest in this project..

D

Deleted member 840332

I think the movie Narc was great and I wanna see who will get the Ray Liotta part from the movie. If there news on TV Series Narc. Post it here.

D

Deleted member 840332

I hear there be news for Narc TV Series after New Year. We just gotta wait 9 weeks or so. If anyone found news on Narc TV Series post it here.

D

Deleted member 840332

I hear by New Year there will be news on Narc TV Series. I wanna see who will get the part. All I know is
Victor Gojcaj (The Taking of Pelham 123) is rumoured as Nick Tellis. I wanna see what movie star will play Ray Liotta part from the movie. Eminem to Produce, Write Music for Joe Carnahan's 'Narc' TV Series. For few years there no news. If there news on Narc TV Series. Post it here.

D

Deleted member 840332

We gotta wait until New Year. By then there will be news on Narc TV Series. If anyone find news on Narc TV Series before new year. Post it here.

D

Deleted member 840332

There news on Narc TV Series after New Year. Just gotta wait few more weeks. If you guys find news on Narc TV Series. Post it.

D

Deleted member 840332

I hear Joe want to give us news on Narc TV Series after New Year. Just gotta wait like 10 weeks until there news.

Rambo John J

Distinguished Member
so you're really going to post a new comment saying the same thing, that there's no news on this, every couple of days until there's actually some news? :laugh:
Why not just bump the thread with the update when it gets announced, if it ever does.
Constantly posting that there's no news on the project every couple of days seems counter productive to me.

Jason56d

Jason56d

Detroit313 seems to be churning out any old gumpf every other day to keep this thread alive? Strange......

D

Deleted member 840332

I post news on Narc TV Series. If it old then that all I can find. I'll wait few weeks. By then there will be new news on TV Series.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

iFi Audio launches NEO Stream music streamer with DAC
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Musical Fidelity launches M6x 250.7 multi-channel power amplifier
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Is Google set to rival Dolby Vision and Atmos?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
'Tizen TV by Samsung' brands coming to UK?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Denon announces five new 8K AV receivers
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom