Napster or Spotify

MrClive

I'm looking at setting up Napster or Spotify subscription to work in conjunction with my Squeezebox Touch and boom.

I'm possibly looking for an annual subscription for a Xmas gift, I know Napster do an annual subscription for £50.

I also use an android phone with squeeze commander as a controller.

Any recommendations of what works best?

Many Thanks

Clive

socistep

Novice Member
I'm looking at setting up Napster or Spotify subscription to work in conjunction with my Squeezebox Touch and boom.

I'm possibly looking for an annual subscription for a Xmas gift, I know Napster do an annual subscription for £50.

I also use an android phone with squeeze commander as a controller.

Any recommendations of what works best?

Many Thanks

Clive

Hi Clive

I have used both and found myself using Spotify a lot more then Napster, it definately captured my imagination more - probably the main reason is the availability of playlists and also the software, the offline usage on iphones etc. and also the improvements they are making - I am really liking the look of the 'apps' that they have just announced - generally it seems to have a lot more buzz about it. Also in terms of Squeezebox you have the excellent plugin by Triode which delivers a lot more functionality then the 'official' spotify plugin.

Hope this helps
Ian

MrClive

Thanks ian for your advice. I think i'll give spotify a go on the free trial with the app that you mentioned. Apologies for the delay in getting back to you (getting bogged down with christmas nonsense and all that) thanks again. Cheers clive

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom