• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question NANO91NA & Sony HT-ZF9 eARC audio delay

Talosade

Novice Member
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased an LG 55NANO91NA and a SONY HT-ZF9 Soundbar that were both on offer, and are both supposed to be eARC compatible (The soundbar after a FW Upgrade).

The TV works great, looks great and also sounds pretty great out of the built in speakers, and the soundbar was already updated and is even labelled as eARC compatible.

The issue comes from passing over any Dolby audio over eARC and I'm a bit lost on what to try as most things I've found are related to the previous generation OLEDs and can't find enough information about this NANO model to figure it out for myself.

Essentially, built in apps works fine when passing audio over eARC to the soundbar however using any device connected to the TV via HDMI that sends anything but stereo seems to have a noticeable audio delay.

For example, using an Xbox One X in Bitstream Dolby Atmos audio mode, the TV which is set to eARC Passthrough has about a half second delay between the image and sound, and as you can no longer put the lipsync into negative, it is impossible to compensate for this. Granted, it is much better than my previous attempt using just ARC which felt like a much longer delay, but still too much to be happy with it.

Has anyone else managed to get a setup working with one of the NANO90/91 series and an eARC speaker?

Any guidance or wisdom would be much appreciated!
Thanks all

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom