1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nano @ Amazon

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Cloysterpeteuk, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Cloysterpeteuk

Cloysterpeteuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +836
    Well just noticed that Amazon now have the nano up, one bad thing about the popularity of the ipod is that retailers never feel the need to discount, they no it will sell like **** of a stick even at full rrp. So this means if you buy it from Amazon you get the same price as the Apple store, no engraving and a lovely 1 - 2 (compared to 3 - 4 days from Apple) week wait for the privelege. I remember when I bought my 4G ipod from them I had a 3 - 4 week wait, and that was after the thing had been out a year, is it just Amazon who struggle with ipod supplies?, or are all retailers limits to stupidly low stock supplies?.

2. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,850
    Isn't the price issue because Apple makes them all sell them at roughly the same price and not because they know it will sell ?

3. L11

L11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I work in currys and up until 2 months ago we had 2 ipods in a week.. now we have loads and no-one wants em..

4. Cloysterpeteuk

Cloysterpeteuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +836
    I'm sure it's illegal for manufacturers to force sellers to price fix. Retailers are allowed to sell at whatever price they like.

5. Cloysterpeteuk

Cloysterpeteuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +836
    So people are aware of the nano already?

6. asherpat

asherpat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cloysterpete, sorry for asking, but since you have 4G, i wonder why do you need another iPod with smaller capacity?

7. Cloysterpeteuk

Cloysterpeteuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +836
    I want the small form factor, colour screen and album art, but mostly the much smaller form factor. Smaller capacity is really not an issue when you use smart playlists, I was a bit of a tool for buying the 20GB one when I should have gone for a mini, but I didn't really know much about pods and song capacity back then.

I won't be having two ipod's though, I sold the 20gig to me brother for £80.