Namor: The Submariner (TBC)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
It's rumored that comic book character Namor McKenzie the Sub-Mariner, could be surfacing from Universal Pictures & Legendary.

The other rumor is that Zac Efron could be linked to the property.

The mutant son of a human sea captain and a princess of the mythical undersea kingdom of Atlantis, Namor possesses the super-strength and aquatic abilities of the Homo mermanus race, as well as the mutant ability of flight, along with other superhuman powers. Through the years, he has been alternately portrayed as a good-natured but short-fused superhero, or a hostile invader seeking vengeance for perceived wrongs that misguided surface-dwellers committed against his kingdom.

The first known comic book antihero, the Sub-Mariner has remained a historically important and relatively popular Marvel character. He has served directly with the Avengers, the Fantastic Four, the Invaders, the Defenders, and the X-Men as well as serving as a foil to all of them on occasion.

Namor was the first comic book hero with the power of flight.

Namor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Namor The Sub-Mariner Movie In The Works? - Yahoo Movies UK

Namor The Sub-Mariner Movie Rumored To Be In Works From Legendary & Universal | Comicbook.com

StOr7cd.jpg

Last edited:
Marvel has got back the rights back to Namor the Submariner, rumored Universal were holding the rights originally, still not confirmed if Marvel plan to bring him to the big screen, though he may be introduced somewhere down the line in the MCU

Last edited:
Namor the Submariner goes back ages to 1939 he even joined in with Captain America and the original Human Torch in All Winners Comic book he then resurfaced in the silver age in the Fantastic Four which he was strongly associated with as a foe but had eyes for Sue Storm.
He also was unknowingly responsible for bringing back Captain America in Avengers 4 back in the 60s who was frozen in an ice block(but could not be seen who it was) which was being worshiped and he to exception to it and threw it in the sea and it started to thaw and was picked up by a vessel.
AS3.jpg
FF 4.jpg

I always thought the reason Namor had not been used was due to his large connection to the Fantastic Four. If not who currently holds the rights? If it is Marvel I would have thought they would have at least teased the use of the character rather than ignore him..

I always thought the reason Namor had not been used was due to his large connection to the Fantastic Four. If not who currently holds the rights? If it is Marvel I would have thought they would have at least teased the use of the character rather than ignore him..
Although he came to the fore in the 60s with FF#4 and other follow up plots he had been in Marvel comics before the silver age when there was no FF. So maybe classed as not tied with them.

Although he came to the fore in the 60s with FF#4 and other follow up plots he had been in Marvel comics before the silver age when there was no FF. So maybe classed as not tied with them.

Or maybe it's a bit like the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. Different versions appearing in both The Avengers and X Men films. There maybe joint rights here too if Namor is tied into the FF film rights.

Bri

Or maybe it's a bit like the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. Different versions appearing in both The Avengers and X Men films. There maybe joint rights here too if Namor is tied into the FF film rights.

Bri
As far as I remember Scarlet Witch was only in The Avengers film although a player in early X-Men comics but far larger in The Avengers.
It does look as though they divided the siblings in the two franchise. X-Men getting Quicksilver and The Avengers, Scarlet Witch.
Quicksilver powers way nearer to the comics in fact the same.

As far as I remember Scarlet Witch was only in The Avengers film although a player in early X-Men comics but far larger in The Avengers.
It does look as though they divided the siblings in the two franchise. X-Men getting Quicksilver and The Avengers, Scarlet Witch.
Quicksilver powers way nearer to the comics in fact the same.

Both of them were in both sets of films as I recall though we didn't get to see Wanda as the Scarlet Witch in the X Men. I've just found this which suggests his sister wasn't necessarily Wanda in Days Of Future Past.

Why these two characters are allowed to appear in both the 'X-Men' and 'Avengers' movies

Warning the link contains spoilers.

Bri

Both of them were in both sets of films as I recall though we didn't get to see Wanda as the Scarlet Witch in the X Men. I've just found this which suggests his sister wasn't necessarily Wanda in Days Of Future Past.

Why these two characters are allowed to appear in both the 'X-Men' and 'Avengers' movies

Warning the link contains spoilers.

Bri
Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are twins so really the explanation proves the one in X-Men is not Wanda, although writed do screw round with stuff, so as I thought Scarlet Witch does not appear in DOFP, but a wrong supposition by some. As Megneto would say Are your sure you saw what you saw.

I think Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are twins so really the explanation proves the one in X-Men is not Wanda.

The film versions are often very different to the original comics. They still have the rights to use Wanda if they wish. Is it absolutely certain that Namor is tied in with the FF film rights? I don't think we're likely to see another FF film for quite a while. The last one was terrible though I did enjoy the first two.

Bri

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom