Name The Thing. No, seriously I need to know, er, immediately. Thanks.

Flimber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just getting my little girl ready for school. We bought her a new bag last week. She just put her hand in the pocket and came out with these three things plus the Japanese leaflet thing. She's four. Bit of a shocker. The blades are razor sharp, AFAIAC. What on Earth are they and why would they be in the bag ? Looking for a workable theory...

Mike.

Attachments

• shocker.jpg
    shocker.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 364
Mini manual beard trimmer?
Ive seen these before though, even if they're not mini beard trimmers ;)

Bag was just a little fabric backpack thing. I did wonder if they'd been dropped in by shoplifters dumping 'tools' but there is chino-jappo writing on the instruments as well...

GBDG1 said:
They're used for cutting fabric/leather. So someone has left them in there where it was manufactured.

I think they're called fabric snips

Spot on.

I've had a pair for years, can be very useful. But not in a kiddie's bag!

Felt duty-bound to thank this post just now :D

But still :eek: :rolleyes::thumbsup:

My mum used to use those when she worked on sewing machines i.e. lockstick, hemming, etc. Effective for cutting the thread when each 'line' sewed is complete, hers never looked as vicious as the ones in the OP's picture; then again hers weren't cheaply manufactured in China.

I still find it funny (and maybe a little nuts) that back when I was in infant school no body batted at eyelid when I walked into school with a scout knife.

Bloody hell they look like they could do some damage

That's Chinese, and the leaflet is advertising an arts school (Heron Arts Training School) in Qianpu.

Pretty much echo signs' post :D, you speak chinese?

OK, you now know what they are, but can I be rude and ask why you needed to know 'immediately'.
I'm intrigued to know why a fast reply was needed.
Is it because you were 'just getting your girl ready for school' at 8.45pm? She should have been there hours ago :D

Scary. You can't avoid Chinese-made (and besides being Chinese-made in itself is not the problem, it's QC specific to the brand), but presumably you can avoid buying dirt-cheap crap.

Iccz said:
That's Chinese, and the leaflet is advertising an arts school (Heron Arts Training School) in Qianpu.

Physics .... And Chinese . Have you any more lights hidden under your bushel ..?

OK, you now know what they are, but can I be rude and ask why you needed to know 'immediately'.
I'm intrigued to know why a fast reply was needed...

'Cos someone was writing a stern letter at the time, barely five minutes after we found them. My daughter pulled them out of the pocket like they were a lucky surprise but she could have easily lost the tip of a finger or been nastily cut. I was annoyed and people annoyed don't like waiting.

Pretty much echo signs' post :D, you speak chinese?

Physics .... And Chinese . Have you any more lights hidden under your bushel ..?

I can read a little bit of Chinese, but not a great deal... better with Japanese, which is what sparked me to try Chinese, people would often confuse the two so I wanted to be able to help out with Chinese if people thought something was Japanese and asked me what it said. Though saying that I'm still not so great with Japanese either - I pick things up, start off well then drop them :(

Can't really speak the languages though, very different speaking and reading.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom