Name the film help

Artie Fufkin

I know you guys love these questions :).

Two guys break into a house where a family live [husband, wife, son]. The guys are really nasty and unhinged. Could be australian or south african? [ha ha, that's not a racist dig by the way].

The kill the boy i think in front of the parents then i remember they somehow torture/disable the dad and one rapes the mother in front of him.

It sounds horrible and it is...that's all i remember but i'd like to be reminded of the outcome if anyone knows. It must have been film4 i saw it on a couple of years ago.

24 P

It is Star Wars, and leave us Aussies alone :rotfl:

:thumbsup:

brian s

Distinguished Member
I don't recall a rape scene but it has to be Funny Games as already said. Anything but funny. A very nasty film.

Regards
Bri

Naaktgeboren

Distinguished Member
Sorry for the thread hijack but I want to play 'name the film' :D I will be amazed if anyone can get this as my recollection is sketchy at best.

I watched it approx 22 years ago :eek: and it was on terrestrial TV, it was set in the middle east and from what I remember the main character was a spy (government agent type) I can remember one of the opening scenes where he enters a hut and finds a sexy women in there (turns into a sex scene, probably why my recollection is so clear concerning this part at the age I was at that time) I really cannot remember much about the overall plot except towards the end of the film there is a shoot out in the desert.

I would love to know the name of that film, sorry if my description is next to useless :rotfl:

24 P

I am sure it was Star wars... :rotfl: Jabba ther hutt and Princess Leia...

Artie Fufkin

Funny Games perhaps.

Thanks for the links the id. :thumbsup:

...However I'm not convinced that is the right answer. :(

The one I'm thinking of was a dark, gritty, low budget nasty. The attackers weren't in golfing attire or such like; they were dirty, rough, possibly deranged.

I think. :rolleyes:

24 P

K since the topic is name that film, I have 1 too..

Spacemen land on mars, all I can remember was at the end, 1 guy is in a castle hall way, ghost screaming down the end.. That is all I can remember, seen it back in 75 ish.. After I came back from nam... :rotfl:
I have looked everywhere for it, Wizards of mars is as close as I have gotten to it..

I will email anyone a beer if they have seen Wizards of mars and can confirm this..
I am sure it had David carridine in it, and this is who Wizards of mars has in it..

I love crap movies, I am a sucker for them, Attack of the killer tomatoes is awesome, and I have been looking at amazon 50 in 1 scifi collection, even 100 in 1, you know those movies, Brain that wouldn't die, Santa on mars, Hercules vs mars, all those crappie gotta have em movies..

:thumbsup:

Shoka

I know you guys love these questions :).

Two guys break into a house where a family live [husband, wife, son]. The guys are really nasty and unhinged. Could be australian or south african? [ha ha, that's not a racist dig by the way].

The kill the boy i think in front of the parents then i remember they somehow torture/disable the dad and one rapes the mother in front of him.

It sounds horrible and it is...that's all i remember but i'd like to be reminded of the outcome if anyone knows. It must have been film4 i saw it on a couple of years ago.

Can you remember anything else, something specific?

Apart from Funny Games (which you summed up in a paragraph, it sounds a bit like THEM [Ils] - French film, but theres no kid (in the family anyway) and no rape so I suppose that is out.

The only other film I could think it could be is Straw Dogs I can't remember there being a kid in that either though.

Hugh

Distinguished Member

The one I'm thinking of was a dark, gritty, low budget nasty. The attackers weren't in golfing attire or such like; they were dirty, rough, possibly deranged.

From your first quote I instantly thought of Henry : Portrait of a Serial Killer, but I thought you'd got your answer above. Couldn't check the youtubes whilst at work, but as everyone else thought Funny Games, I assumed they were right.

Anyway, here's the scene I thought of.

Spoilers

Husband on the floor, bag on head being kicked and then stabbed (Or was it just kicked, then neck broken?) by Henry, son wanders in, has a bit of a fight with Henry, then gets neck broken while mother is being held down by Otis. She's screaming whilst watching this. Otis snaps her neck and then attempts to screw her. Henry stops Otis, then they get up and leave. The really nasty part is that we find out that this is a video recording they made earlier and the two of them are "Enjoying" watching this over a beer.

Great movie. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

bosque

Distinguished Member
Funny Games perhaps.

You probably saw the original Austrian (?) movie which was grittier than the remake of Funny Games which the id posted about above. Both movies should be scraped from the world's conciousness and everyone would be a better person for it.

The two intruders in Funny Games also wear golfing gear in the Austrian version. The Austrian and the US version are almost shot for shot identical. When they first enter the house they aren't obvioudly deranged as the OP describes, in fact they are very polite.

Artie Fufkin

Hugh got it for me. The scene he described is the one...It was Henry:portrait of a serial killer.

I knew it had Aussies in it. :D

24 P

Bloody Aussies, we get blamed for everything..

:p

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom