Name that AV Unit, and advice please.

Dave26

Right, in my room I have this lot:

Photo-0039.jpg

Photo-0043.jpg

The stand was from ikea, does anybody know what its called?
The problem i've got is that it just isnt quite big enough for all my stuff anymore :(. Does anybody have any ideas how I could expand it, or add to it? Ive thought about wall mounting a shelf above my tv, but its not a proper wall, and the consequences could be disastrous :thumbsdow
Its awkward because what you can see there is an alcove, and so if the unit was any wider there'd be no room for my computer. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :clap:

Dave26

I'd almost say thats a Besta but I could be wrong.

I think you're correct mate :smashin:
Im thinking its this one: IKEA | Bookcases | BESTÅ/INREDA storage system | BESTÅ | Shelf unit/ height extension unit

Does anyone have any idea how i could make it a bit bigger, maybe add another shelf somehow? Don't really want to get rid of the unit altogether. Thought of adding another smaller unit on top from the same range, but i don't know whether that would look ridiclous?
Cheers.

antsat

Standard Member
i would suggest you put ur tv on a wall bracket which will give you the extra space on the top of the unit. you said about the wall not being proper, well depends what sort of wall it is but if its stud work if u can find the wooden noggens or the uprigths and fix the brackets to them, should be fine. what size is the tv?

Dave26

Its a 37 inch tv, so there is quite a bit of weight to it. The wall is a partition wall and I really don't think it would be able to hold the televsion. Any other ideas?

Franco50

Its a 37 inch tv, so there is quite a bit of weight to it. The wall is a partition wall and I really don't think it would be able to hold the televsion. Any other ideas?
Mate, I have a 37 inch plasma mounted on a partition wall and it is solid. As long as you can get a few fixings into the vertical timber uprights behind the plasterboard it will be fine, honest! I used some short coachbolts into the timbers and where I couldn't find an upright I used expanding toggle fixings into the plasterboard.

Dave26

For anyone that's interested, I ended up plonking (technical term) a shelf above my telly :thumbsup:

HPIM0145.jpg

HPIM0146.jpg

HPIM0147.jpg

HPIM0149.jpg

I know the shelf looks wonky, but the spirit level tells me its spot on. It's the floor thats not flat :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom