• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Nakamichi Soundwafe Pro

dave77

Does anyone on here have the Nakamichi Soundwafe Pro? It gets some great reviews but it doesn't look like there is a UK stockist.

keithwiggins

Us only, Nakamichi the brand withdraw from these shores many years ago. It was a high end Japanese brand, but ran into hard times and the name was purchased by a chinese company some 20 or so years or ago.

Last edited:

keithwiggins

I have one here in the U.S. It's an unknown gem! I compared to Sonos Arc and frankly the Nak is way clearer and comparable SS. I have the 7.1.4 unit.
supposed to be the Dogs but not available here in Europe. The fact it is lightyears better than a Sonus is no revelation, they rely on a loyaly customer base to purchase what ever they choose to offer, bit like bose in years gone by.

chrisguitar54

Novice Member
supposed to be the Dogs but not available here in Europe. The fact it is lightyears better than a Sonus is no revelation, they rely on a loyaly customer base to purchase what ever they choose to offer, bit like bose in years gone by.

This pic is from Best Buy - all sold out....and there are no demos in the BB stores! These are only sold online through BB or Amazon - the only Nak channels to purchase!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 10.24.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 10.24.32 AM.png
    362.9 KB · Views: 66

keithwiggins

This pic is from Best Buy - all sold out....and there are no demos in the BB stores! These are only sold online through BB or Amazon - the only Nak channels to purchase!
cool

BeefS2

Does anyone on here have the Nakamichi Soundwafe Pro? It gets some great reviews but it doesn't look like there is a UK stockist.

I had the sound wafe 7.1.4. I live in the US. I thought it was good, better than the Sonos surround setup for sure. It’s a little thin on the mids, and does not have any upfiring drivers. It uses simulated height fx, which it does pretty well at. The rears on the nakamichi are very active. Definitely more than the q90r I have now. I bet the 9.2.4 is very immersive. I think the q90r sounds better overall, and handles Atmos/DtsX content a little better. It’s not dramatically better, but the q90r seems a bit more full and accurate with object based sound. Not necessarily a dealbreaker, but I don’t think the sound wafe is that nice to look at. I’ve seen an occasional mention of nakamichi releasing a new soundbar soon, but I don’t think it’ll come before next year

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom