• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Nakamichi price advice please.

Clare3241

Banned
Hi all,
i`d appreciate it if someone could give me an idea how much my
(well my husbands actually) Nakamichi seperates are worth.
Bought in 1992,all 3 are in immaculate condition although there is a slight crackling noise appears when turning the balance knob on amplifier..(husband says its a minor fault caused by dust)

Nakamichi CD player.
Nackamichi Tape deck.
Nakamichi Amplifier.

I`d guess since buying it in 1992 it has maybe had around 100 hours play,maybe less.
But since we moved into our present home in 1999 it has maybe been used,and i`m not exaggerating for about 3 hours tops!
We live next door to a Victor Meldrew clone you see,he rings the Police if my husband breaks wind..it`s that bad!
Would rather sell it to someone than would appreciate it as we can`t take the volume past level 1 before there is a knock on the door.

Any advice appreciated.:D

alexs2

Distinguished Member
Hi Gary,

CD Player 4
Amplifier 2
Cassette Deck 2

Is that what you were asking for?

That's it....the Cassette Deck 2 was a cheaper model,costing about $400 in the early 90's and will be worth relatively little now,especially when compared with the other Naks that are around.

The other units were also from this range,but really arent in the same league as the more pricey Nakamichi amplifiers.

This may be of use....

Nakamichi Amplifier 1 on TVK

alexs2

Distinguished Member
Ah,was thinking because of the age and the fact it has`nt been used much it would have been worth a lot now,,,never mind though.:mad:

I would use places like the used dealers at the top of this forum,and auction sites to get an idea of price,but if you are happy enough using it whenever the neighbour doesn't object,keep it.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom