Nakamichi AVP1 Power Amp Owners' Thread

Too be fair of course she doesn't mind spending the money on things that she can see (she even had a large 40"+ RPTV in 2001 before we met!). She has always been a big fan of a big screen and persuaded me to buy the 79" tv that we currently have. Just she doesn't see the "need" to spend quite so much on the audio side.
Thats a big screen:smashin:

Tell her to truly appreciate it you need big sound

That is in the mid-term plan. Sub in a couple of weeks and the speakers in June before the amp arrives.

@Cr8cket i have an early power amp which I've still not got round to getting sorted as it occasionally will cutout so could you advise me what is involved in the repair? Pm if you need to discuss.

That is in the mid-term plan. Sub in a couple of weeks and the speakers in June before the amp arrives.
Subs bought[emoji106] . Sounding good.

Avxp1 on order.[emoji106] [emoji33]

Just ordered an IOTAVX 7 for my upcoming dedicated room. Its a bit of an impulse buy (thank you @DougAP and @kbfern !!) as I don't know too much about PAs, but hopefully it will go well with the Anthem and XTZ Cinema Series :eek::blush:

@Steven1210 - Beginning to wish I'd never come over for a demo now, I would have been quite content with a cheap 5.1 setup on an entry level Yahama AVR in the living room! :facepalm:

Just ordered an IOTAVX 7 for my upcoming dedicated room. Its a bit of an impulse buy (thank you @DougAP and @kbfern !!) as I don't know too much about PAs, but hopefully it will go well with the Anthem and XTZ Cinema Series :eek::blush:

@Steven1210 - Beginning to wish I'd never come over for a demo now, I would have been quite content with a cheap 5.1 setup on an entry level Yahama AVR in the living room! :facepalm:

Pretty sure I'm going to get one too before the day's out. I don't think it's possible to get a used PA with those specs for the same price, let alone a decent looking new one under warranty!

Possibly not, but a thanks to dodge for his demo too............not just me.

;)
I was saving that for my cinema room thread (when I start it), but yes a big thanks to @DodgeTheViper of course, as without a demo at his place my wife wouldn't have allowed me to start this journey... everything before then was done in 'stealth mode' ;)

Not unless you want to upgrade . . . . . before you upgrade :)
Well I have form... bought the Anthem 310 two weeks after the 300, without actually playing a full movie through it :facepalm:

edit: and I've not taken the XTZ's out of their boxes yet, saves a job if I did decide to 'upgrade' :laugh:

Blimey, thats exactly how I'm feeling right now!!
Well this all started by picking up a 4k TV on cyber Monday, then deciding that I should pair it with something better than my 10 year old AVR and Tannoy 5.1 system... thinking I'd maybe spend £600 or so.

I should reflect on that considering I've just spent more on a power amp! [emoji51]

In fact, I've just spent more than that on a set of KEF T's for a third room [emoji15]

Must be having my mid-life crisis...

Has anyone received any updates on their pre-orders? Had no communication since my order confirmation

Has anyone received any updates on their pre-orders? Had no communication since my order confirmation

I will send out an update today, but simply the units are in production

Contact me anytime 07968298249

Ian

Thanks @Cr8cket - wasn't too worried to be honest, just wondered if there was any change of anticipated delivery times, etc.

Look forward to receiving an update.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom