Nakamichi AV-10 Service Manual

audiomodder

Standard Member
Reaction score
I just bought this:
Original Nakamichi AV 10 Service Manual | eBay

and I plan on scanning and uploading it for everyone to have. Any suggestons? Sadly, my Nak broke last year (transformers fried, of all things) and I had to give the parts away. So its ironic I dont actually have the player any more but I had to jump on this. I would love to buy another AV-10 if I can find it at a reasonable price.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
no love huh? Well Ill take my time uploading it then...pretty busy at the moment anyways and I dont have a Nak (yet!)

I just bought this:
Original Nakamichi AV 10 Service Manual | eBay

and I plan on scanning and uploading it for everyone to have. Any suggestons? Sadly, my Nak broke last year (transformers fried, of all things) and I had to give the parts away. So its ironic I dont actually have the player any more but I had to jump on this. I would love to buy another AV-10 if I can find it at a reasonable price.

Hello,

May I ask you for a copy of your Nakamichi AV-10 Service Manual. I purchased an AV-10 on Ebay and received it damaged. I would like to have my audio repairman {try !?!} and repair it.

Thank you !!

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Hi to all!Sorry to read this for your Nak!
Recently I purchased a Nak AV-10 from a friend,but selections are damaged. Maybe I need some parts also. I would like to have a copy and try to repair it. My mail is [email protected] Thanks in advance! :smashin:

OK now theres some interest Ill take the time to upload the manual soon. It will take a long time though, so a small donation for my time would be much appreciated. Also, once I upload it, please torrent widely so others can have it free.

I'll get to it by next week most likely, really busy at the moment.

-audiomodder

Thanks a lot! :clap::clap::thumbsup:
And,maybe (if you have the amp yet) need some parts for it such as the remote,the 4 foots,the AM antenna,etc.

Last edited:
I'll happily give you something for you effort. Let me know -thanks.

CS
sorry it took me so long to get this...I took all the pics this week but now I see it's already available here!

I posted a very thorough in depth repair also here:

Here's a great video documenting the repair and how to bypass tone controls:

Unit has been working great for 3 years so far! I use it all the time ^.^

I pulled the switch out and tried cleaning it - didnt work. You have to just jumped the contacts for Tone on/off to make Tone Controls always active, from what I remember. It's a funky spring loaded switch that's also impossible to source. If I cared enough I'd make an adapter for something more available, but I'm too not much of an audiophile to think active tone controls will make much of a difference in fidelity.

I posted the full service manual and schematics earlier in this thread. I actually have a paper OEM service manual too. But the scans available looked good.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom