Naim Uniti Atom vs Superuniti

drieswal

Established Member
Reaction score
Question 1:
I am wondering what gives the best sound experience when streaming music from Tidal.
Which of these amps has the best pre-amp and how do the DAC's of these units compare?

I am not talking about user experience but pure about the sound quality. The Atom has a beautiful display and tops it on looks but in the end it is the sound that matters the most to me.

They have to drive either of the following speakers:
- Spendor A4
- Proac DT8
- Monitor Audio Silver 300
- B&W 704S2

Question 2:
Then I also wonder whether only the power supply is different in the Naim Uniti Atom/Star/Nova or are the pre-amp and the DAC also better in the Star and Nova?
I don't need the CD drive in the Star as I don't play CD's anymore.

Question 3:
Would an N172XS + NAP 200 sound better than the Uniti Atom?

Last edited:
Question 1:
I am wondering what gives the best sound experience when streaming music from Tidal.
Which of these amps has the best pre-amp and how do the DAC's of these units compare?

I am not talking about user experience but pure about the sound quality. The Atom has a beautiful display and tops it on looks but in the end it is the sound that matters the most to me.

They have to drive either of the following speakers:
- Spendor A4
- Proac DT8
- Monitor Audio Silver 300
- B&W 704S2

Question 2:
Then I also wonder whether only the power supply is different in the Naim Uniti Atom/Star/Nova or are the pre-amp and the DAC also better in the Star and Nova?
I don't need the CD drive in the Star as I don't play CD's anymore.

Question 3:
Would an N172XS + NAP 200 sound better than the Uniti Atom?
Superuniti is equal to the Nova in terms of placement in the range. I have a Superuniti and have heard an Atom. The two are not comparable for sound quality, the Superunit is far superior.

Superuniti is equal to the Nova in terms of placement in the range. I have a Superuniti and have heard an Atom. The two are not comparable for sound quality, the Superunit is far superior.

How do you find the Tidal experience on your Superuniti @Kend3591?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom