1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

naim service

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by fudge.the.dog., Jun 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fudge.the.dog.

fudge.the.dog.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i just read on a couple of threads how good naim service is,and so it should be the prices they charge,its as silly as a ferrari service.

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,526
    fudge

Your right! Naim should probably slash prices and offer an inferior Service - that would make more people happy !!!

As it is it looks like most folk who have had older Naim kit serviced at Naim Audio are very happy - hence all the Posts recommending that option.

Best regards

Joe

3. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    Fudge...both of your posts so far take issue with Naim's servicing costs.

One assumes you have a collection of Naim equipment,and some problem with the work undertaken on it,and we would assume also that you have taken this up with Naim themselves.
    If not,it would appear that those who are satisified both with the prices and the service far outnumber those who arent.

4. fudge.the.dog.

fudge.the.dog.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello men,you seemed not to have read my post properly,i did not say that naim service was not first class,as i am sure ferrari service is,they could both cut there prices and still make a lot of money without an inferior service,do you also think the main car dealers service is fair,there are other great hi-fi makes that charge half what naim charge for the same sort of work,i know naim gear well its very special ive been listening to it on and of for 25 years,but the service is over priced in any comparison.

5. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,526
    Fudge

It sounds like you should open a Naim Service Centre.

I'm amazed in these days of UK HiFi manufacturer after manufacturer closing down you can state categorically that Naim are over charging and could slash prices.

I look forward to receiving your Price List :)

Best regards

Joe

6. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    No-one has mis-read either of your previous posts,as no-one has suggested that you have issues other than with the costs.

As has been said before,if you are unhappy to pay for Naim to service your equipment,there are others who will do so,and very likely at a lower cost.

The decision to do so or not rests with the consumer alone.

7. fudge.the.dog.

fudge.the.dog.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    joe,i am not an engineer so i will not be opening a naim repair centre,but if i do start any kind of business you will be the first to get a price list,as no matter what the cost of product i know you would understand.

8. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,526
    Hello Fudge

I guess once you start to set up your Service Centre you'll gain some insight into the cost structures you have to charge to make it a profitable/worthwhile exercise.

I'm sure if your Service Centre is as well Equipped, Staffed and Stocked as Naim's service dept and your charging 50% below Naim's cost's you'll have an orderly queue at your front door.

Best regards

Joe

9. fudge.the.dog.

fudge.the.dog.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello joe,why are you so protective of naim service,deep down you know its over priced,your in the game, the excuse for any firm over charging is overheads,as i said earlier there are top hi-fi firms who do some of the same sort of work a lot cheaper, no signs of going broke.i have had first hand experience with naim and other top makes,for high price service naim win hands down. all the best joe

10. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    Ok...I think this one has run it's course.

You've made your point about pricing structures,fudge,and this is simply getting repetitive...thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.