Naim NAIT5i & CD5i - Your Opinions

rszee

Established Member
Reaction score

I am looking at this Amp and CD combo. Do you feel this a good upgrade from an Arcam CD192 and Audiolab 8000A

Thanks

The amplifier will be noticably better, but the quality of the CD player less so. With the CD player, the biggest difference you're going to hear is the difference in presentation between Arcam and Naim. Overall, i'd go with the Naim system. It'll sound sweeter and more energetic. The X versions will afford you greater flexibility later on, and sound better due to the CD player, but it is a little more expensive.

Using Totem speakers,I would look at Rega also,even the Exposure 2010S.

The amplifier will be noticably better, but the quality of the CD player less so. With the CD player, the biggest difference you're going to hear is the difference in presentation between Arcam and Naim. Overall, i'd go with the Naim system. It'll sound sweeter and more energetic. The X versions will afford you greater flexibility later on, and sound better due to the CD player, but it is a little more expensive.

By a little you do mean almost twice don't you now :D

I personally didn't enjoy the sound of a nude CD5x (adding the Flatcap 2 made a huge improvement) but against a CD5i and 5x i prefer the presentation of the 5i - odd as i may sound!

Anyway, i love the combo and have the Nait's pre-pre-decessor and still love it! You'll get a very different presentation to your current system, but i think you'll be a happy chap!

I am looking at this Amp and CD combo. Do you feel this a good upgrade from an Arcam CD192 and Audiolab 8000A

Thanks

Why not keep your CD192 and spend all the money on an Amplifier on its own or a Amp/Speaker combo. A better way to spend your budget IMHO.

PS I have heard the 5/5i combo and it was very nice. But even then I'd keep the 192 and work around that, your throwing money down the pan buy a CD5I when you have a CD192 IMHO.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom