naim n-vi and mks

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by john R1, Mar 8, 2006.

1. john R1

john R1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    not sure if this is in the right place for posting, demoed n-vi through my mks
    3 x k17s and k4s today, many people say mks are not so good for stereo well i think driving them via the naim made them sound to me far better than through my denon 3805, i was surpprised how easily the n-vi powered the k17s bearing in mind its only rated at 50wats per channel, to me they just sounded so much more open and controlled, also played dvd-a disc of the eagles and again that also sounded so much better to me anyway, has anyone else demoed the n-vi could you post your opinions, yes i did also play a dvd through it again sound and pq were very good it was rigged up to a pioneer 50" via dvi input and output via hdmi

2. kishoo

kishoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Hi

If you are looking for a great stereo performance as well as small speakers have a look at the PMC Wafer 1's.

Look stunning with the Pioneer plasma and sound superb on the end of an N-Vi... I sell enough of them !!!!

Ps keep the K4's for the rear.. they are one of the greatest surround speakers out there and cheep as well.

Kishoo

3. john R1

john R1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    not looking to change speakers at the moment the n-vi costs enough

4. john R1

john R1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    kishoo, have you by any chance seen the n-vi via the component output as i would be using it on my pwb6 as where i saw it they only had it rigged up on hd displays