Nail Biting

Threemonkeys

In my 40's and have always bitten my nails, sometimes to the point they bleed, i have now gone a week without biting them, this is worse than when i gave up the fags, not sleeping right, and each day is agony, but i am determined to stop this habit, have tried all the potions, but got used to the taste, i now know its down to will power, i have always seen it as a dirty habit and its time to stop.
Have anyone else bitten there nails, and stopped, and how.

Iccz

Distinguished Member
I bite my nails, I stopped for a while because my dentist was telling me it wasn't helping my teeth.

I also tried the horrible tasting things but got used to them.

Will power is all you can do, but I started up again after I stopped... I don't even know how or why I started up again because I stopped for months :confused:

I bite my nails less these days but I bite on my lip, tongue and chew gum more, when I say bite my lip and tongue I don't mean I chew it to bits, I just like to squeeze it between my teeth that way i'm kinda doing something... its a bit strange really...

signs

Banned
In my 40's and have always bitten my nails, sometimes to the point they bleed, i have now gone a week without biting them, this is worse than when i gave up the fags, not sleeping right, and each day is agony, but i am determined to stop this habit, have tried all the potions, but got used to the taste, i now know its down to will power, i have always seen it as a dirty habit and its time to stop.
Have anyone else bitten there nails, and stopped, and how.

That's disgusting , get a grip :thumbsup: Hic

Phil57

You are right it is a dirty habit.
Not one to preach, but so other people that read on this forum know, biting your nails can reduce your employment opportunities within the food manufacturing industry (and possibly others)

Stoatman

I have biten my nails for years- I am 30 now - and am slowly weaning myself off them . I have a couple of big reasons to stop, firstly its chipping my front teeth over time as they are quite like a knife edge . Also I work in a bio-pharma research lab and i'll get a smacked bottom if I do it in the lab. Have you got a reason to quit apart from the hygiene issues. ??

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom