1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naiko 32"

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by cool hand luke, Nov 23, 2004.

1. cool hand luke

cool hand luke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone got any 1st hand experience of the "Naiko 32" widescreen TV,is it a dog or worth the £249 price i can aquire it for?

2. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +753
    Naiko is basically a marketing name for various cheap TVs (often seen at Makro).
    All their products are low end , some made in Hong Kong and China. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see the name on some Turkish TVs from Vestel also (Beko and some low end models from big brand names also use Vestel).
    I once had a 14-inch Naiko NICAM portable in the bedroom ; it worked ok for a couple of years, then developed an A/V switching fault . I was able to prove that the fault lay in the main "jungle chip" on the PCB (and found a fix involving an adding a transistor switch externally on a piece of veroboard ).
    It then went on for another 2 years before packing up beyond economic repair.

Chris Muriel, Manchester.

3. cool hand luke

cool hand luke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks Chris for the info,will probley avoid then,although a few years back i bought a 28" NEI model from Makro and it is still going strong and with a great picture.

4. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +753
    If you can genuinely find out how many returns they get you might be able to make a more informed decision.
    For that info you probably need an inside contact in your local Makro.

Chris Muriel, Manchester.