NAD's ill

L

lisa burrell

Our Nad decided to call it a day Yesterday. The right hand channel just stopped working done all the test

1. check the buffer plugs in the back

2. check the speaker wire connections to the amp

3. Check the speaker connection

4. checked the line out cable

sounds like a trip to the repair shop and £45 for a peer inside to me.

Musical fidelity x-80 back in line again now.

symptoms ... was playing happily and the right hand channel just stopped was not being moved or no connection touched each other as far as we could make out. ..

It was Bought 1999 wondering is it worth the repair. one could argue if it cost £60 to repair is cheaper than £250 for a new one .. what would you all do.

Might be worth popping the lid off yourself and making sure no fuses have blown.
If one has, then it will most likely mean something else has gone wrong, so if you fit a new one it will just blow again, but occasionally they can blow for no apparent reason and a new one will solve the problem.

Nimby said:
Daft question: Have you tried alternative sources? CD, DVD, turntable etc. :)

yes tried everything dad opened it up very gently theres no fuses inside.

We have this yamaha cr1000 huge heavy reciver amp in the attic has a book of words with it says made 1976 . Weighs about same as a bag of spuds.. has loads and loads of glass fuses in.

If you've shorted it,by cables touching it may have turned on it's protection circuitry,around the back is a power switch,turn the NAD off from the front panel,then turn it off completely on the rear panel switch,then switch it all back on again,if it doesn't come on you've more than shorted it.

If you go new try the NAD T743,it's superb!!

SKA.face said:
If you've shorted it,by cables touching it may have turned on it's protection circuitry,around the back is a power switch,turn the NAD off from the front panel,then turn it off completely on the rear panel switch,then switch it all back on again,if it doesn't come on you've more than shorted it.

If you go new try the NAD T743,it's superb!!

Thanks for that One very mmm small problem... its a NAD 340
and the only switch on the rear is a soft clipping on and off switch.

Was thinking love this amp very much :oops: and if it cost £60 for repair still be cheaper than a new one and it is best the devil we know. What do you think so far?

Get a qoute to see how much it is to fix it,if it's cheap keep it,it's hard parting with kit your fond off.

lisa burrell said:
Thanks for that One very mmm small problem... its a NAD 340
and the only switch on the rear is a soft clipping on and off switch.

Was thinking love this amp very much :oops: and if it cost £60 for repair still be cheaper than a new one and it is best the devil we know. What do you think so far?

Is it a 340 or a 304 ? If it's a 304 I think I know what the problem is and can fix it for you.....

Darran61 said:
Is it a 340 or a 304 ? If it's a 304 I think I know what the problem is and can fix it for you.....

thanks for the sweet offer Darran its the 340

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom