1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NAD warranty question

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by ~Kev H~, Apr 3, 2005.

1. ~Kev H~

~Kev H~
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey peeps, I cant beleive such a sturdy peice of kit could ever go wrong but my beloved C372 amplifier is having some technical difficulties.

Used it friday night as part of the sound-system at our party ( the whole lot was getting on for 1.2kW with a mates amp and my SVS :devil: :clap: but anyway... ) and i've just wired back up in my room and the Tuner input can be heard at full volume accross every input except Tape2 :(

Anyone know how many years the NAD warranty is? I bought it in November 2003 and cant see anything in the manual.. Or does anyone have any ideas what may have gone wrong? Nothing went wrong with it during the party.. and we even kept everything cool with a desk fan so nothing should have overheated.. any help greatly appreciated :lease:

Kev

2. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    If you bought from an official dealer then your ok, if you didn't then they might be arsey.

I think it is wrong myself and it shouldn't matter if you bought it from an offical one or not, if it was bought new and it broke then its a machanical or software problem they should fix, within one year (or two in a few months time when we join the european directive on warranties).

3. add

add
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've heard rumours from various dealers, RS, audioT etc that its actually 2 years, but certain unscrupulous dealers offer their own warranty for the 2nd year when they actually just use nad's own 2nd year of warranty. But check with Nad, or the parent company/repair company they use. When I remember their name I'll edit my post.

4. wookie

wookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you got the pre power links pluged into the wrong inputs/outputs?

LENBROOK is NAD UK.