1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NAD vs. Rotel?

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by buffalocharlie, Jan 8, 2003.

1. buffalocharlie

buffalocharlie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have narrowed my search for an A/V receiver to 2: the NAD T762 (not yet available) and the Rotel RSX-1055. Both list for $1399 (U.S.) and both can be had for about $1100.

Ultimate sound quality is what I seek, I listen to stereo music more than I watch movies, but I do want DD-EX and DTS-ES for upgradability, even though I will not be running more than 5.1 speakers anytime soon...

I have listened to the Rotel and NAD's T752 at separate retailers. They both sound great. Both brands have their loyal fans and detractors. I am bothered that the Rotel doesn't have a front panel A/V input (for a camcorder, say) or headphone jack, and that it's remote is much more complex and less user-friendly than the NAD remote.

I welcome any opinions as to which is the superior sounding of the two units. Thanks!

2. sounddog

sounddog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +461
    I would think that they will be very similar in quality (I've not hear either though).

If my experience of each companies HiFi amps are anything to go by ... the NAD sound will be very full with deep powerful bass, whereas the Rotel will be lighter, more open sounding.

Anyhow ... I assume that as you are quoting dollar prices you are american ... might do as well asking at AVS Forums instead of here a UK forum

Victoria