1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NAD upgrade? / home cinema?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by p3rfect, Oct 12, 2004.

1. p3rfect

p3rfect
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys

I am looking to upgrade my HiFi which so far only composes a NAD C370, a pair of Mission M74’s and an Xbox

After a little research I found that the NAD C270 Power Amp effectively triples the output and is a good match for my existing amp. However, these appear to be discontinued! So can you a) buy these anywhere in the UK b) tell me if the new model (C272) is compatible or c) recommend a similarly priced alternative?

I am also interested in upgrading to a Home Cinema Setup. Is there anyway of doing this with my current amp (and additional power amp above) in the setup or would I be best selling my amp and getting a receiver?

I’m also in the market for a centre speaker and two rear speakers to match my M74’s (although this range has also been discontinued!!)

My budget is £1000.00.

Any help would be appreciated
    Nic

2. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When you buy a receiver make sure it has Pre-outs as this will allow you to wire you C370 as a power amp for front left and right. Try and get hold of the M3c2 for the best match centre or if not an m3c1 which will match tonally but is not a good visual match. For rears try the M30,M31, or the M3DS.
    The centre and surrounds should set you back about £250 or less and for under £600 you can get a Yammaha RXV1400RDS or a Pioneer VSXAX3 which were both originally £800 recievers and both have pre-outs.

3. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
  4. p3rfect

p3rfect
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys.

The original range of my speakers have been discontinued, i.e. the M70 series.

http://www.mission.co.uk/archive/m70/m70.htm

I've had a scout on the net but can't find anywhere selling them or at least not in beech! Bobby the speakers you suggested are from a newer range although they look kinda similiar. Do you think these would do ok, tonally I mean?

I have actually found a 2nd hand NAD C270 at £275 and am concidering doing the YAMAHA DSP-E800 route for a further £160. Total probably about £500 after postage. Reckon it would be a better investment to get a fully blown AV reciever? I wouldn't even know how to hook it up tho! Will I still be able to listen to my cd's via the NAD Amp without changing the sound? Will it increase the sound like adding the NAD power amp would?

Dfour thanks for the links I'm drooling over the YAMAHA RXV2400RDS and the sony one! Although I should go with black to match my amp!
    What are the NAD Shoot me I'm a newb!