1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NAD Theater Series RS232 Pc InTerface

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Gatto, Sep 21, 2003.

1. Gatto

Gatto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just received a beta version of NAD Theater Series Pc Interface Software. The Software will manage all NAD T Series models, with an RS232 Port installed.

I have connected my laptop to the T762, Via a straight RS232 cable, and it worked fine. All the settings can be downloaded on your pc, changed and reloaded in an instance. The Amp can be easily controlled from the software, from switching on the AMP, viewing RDS Text messages , selecting decoding formats, current software version installed on the T762, viewing the current format detected by the receiver, Labelling, etc. etc. When loaded the software will automatically scan the RS232 Port on your Pc. If it detects a connection with the T762 then it will load the current setup. Very flexible. Analogue gains can be set when connected to newer models installed with the RS232 Port.

I have E-mailed NAD regarding the analogue gain on the T762, and informed me that no current software version installed on the T762 can set the analogue gains. This feature requires replacement of internal hardware, this would be only available for the newer T Series models!

2. squeeze

squeeze
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Gatto. I have been looking for this software myself after reading about it in a T747 manual. Do you know how I can get hold of it? I searched their website and sent NAD questions but no joy!