1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nad T762 Reviews

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Gatto, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Gatto

Gatto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would Like to KNOW if someone have read some some sort of Review Of the above mentioned Product. Will it be reviewed by Home Cinema Choice? I have already Bought This AMp, which for me it sounds great, but it would be good to read what are the opinions of others mainly people on this field!

2. gunrock

gunrock
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I don't have any links for you, but my advice is if you're happy with your setup then just sit back and enjoy!

I have a NAD T752 and I think it sounds superb. My wife and her father (who is a musician and keen amateur audiophile) love it too. And let's face it, if the wife's happy then so am I! :)

I have technical issues with my amp (user interface sometimes dies, remote control won't switch into learn mode) and it's going back to Lenbrook for a firmware upgrade, but I'm still very happy with the brand and model for musical quality, in particular the EARS mode and movie performance is good too.

Enjoy your amp, you've bought what you wanted and it's not yet disappointed you, think yourself lucky.

Steve

3. Gatto

Gatto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply! At least I am not alone in this forum as NAD is rarely mentioned here! I think that you are right regarding music and movie performance. So whats your prob, is it the pilot supplied or the buttons on the front panel? If working correctly the pilot, feels quite good compared with the pilots that used to come out with Nad AV Amp. Right now I am using a Philips RC 880 remote which is set to operate all my equipment.

Ive been a nad fan for quite a time! I have started with a NAD T750, than moved to a T751 which had quite good amps but the software was limited to operate not at all flexible. (plus it only got 3 stars in a review done by the Mag.) and now I have again upgraded to the T762. I think NAD have tackled all issues as these amps are super flexible and Nad tradition has not been lost as the built in AMPS are quite warm,powerfull, fluid and clear!

4. gunrock

gunrock
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Gatto,

Glad you're happy with your amp. My problems are that periodically (perhaps on hot days) the user interface (i.e remote or front panel buttons) will not respond and the amp display goes blank. The amp still decodes whatever I'm listening to, but you can't control the amp in any way, i.e volume, on/off buttons etc.

The other problem is that the supplied NAD learning remote HTR-2, does not switch into learning mode, so I have the Nad remote and five other remotes that I have to keep around. Talk about a pain.

I've spoke with the service people at Lenbrook (the NAD brand's owners) and they suggest I send the unit back. They will also upgrade the firmware so that my T752 will allow me to rename my inputs like your T762.

Glad you're enjoying the sound.

Gunrock

PS - How hot is it in Malta today? It's 35 degrees here in London with the possibility of reaching 37 (a British record).

5. brifobwad

brifobwad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have had my NAD T752 since November last year and I am still changing things with it. This is my first venture into 5.1 sound and its great. I am currently using the Boston coRELation speaker package which is superb for their size. My front end is a Panasonic A360 for DVD and a Marantz CD6000 OSE.

I find the manual a bit of a pig and I'm quite sure that it has been translated into English as some of it doesn't make sense.

I gave up on the HTR2 remote : I already had the OFA Mosaic.

What extras does the firmware upgrade give you? And how much does it cost? I bought the T752 in Glasgow from Alan James Hifi ;will I have to go through them to get the upgrade or do I deal with Lenbrook directly?

So many questions to be answered but I have a better chance here than with NAD as they don't apparently reply to emails. :mad:

Such a long post I think I'll have to go lie down to recover:laugh:

6. Gatto

Gatto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you sure they dont reply to E-mails? As they have always replied to any querry from my part! As regards to the Software upgrade it won't cost you anything as NAD will send the Chip for the upgrade to any certified Dealer. The latest version is 1.20, on mine its 1.18 and have already emailed nad, but they havent encouraged me to upgrade as most of the serious bugs have been dealt with from V1.12 upwards.

To check out the version all you have to do is press video and audio buttons together on the front panel. The manual mentions that if the AMP does not respond from the front Panel, a complete switch off, Pull out the main plugs is required for about 1/2 an hour for the internals to cool down. But this problem could be generated by the internal fans, not triggering at the right moment or the speakers have a low impedance rating ( but its quite rare for a nad amp to suffer with low impedance speakers) Is the unit shutting down after a periodic amount of High volume listening? And is it well ventilated?

7. brifobwad

brifobwad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have version V1. 06 A7. I haven't used it at high volume for extended periods. It is well ventailated.

Is there a new version of the manual?

8. Gatto

Gatto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What i surely recommend is to upgrade your software and do it by an authorised Dealer. Is the unit still under warranty? I think if you speak to NAD, NAD will surely arrange something for you! The uprade only takes a couple of minutes to be done as the only thing to do is to just replace a chip with a new one, no soldering is required just clip it out and insert the new chip!

but its better to be done by someone who is authorised not to validate your warranty! The last two words stands for the T752 only and its not disp. on the T762.

9. gunrock

gunrock
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have had no problems contacting Nad as I registered my T752 via their site and they referred my problems to Lenbrook UK service department quite quickly.

If you're dealer is an official dealer, then you should have no problems getting a free upgrade. In my case I'll have to box it up and take it back to my dealer who'll send it back to Lenbrook for the upgrade.