1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NAD T762 display problems

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Gerardus, Aug 23, 2003.

1. Gerardus

Gerardus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help,

What is wrong with my reciever. The display is black (No information at all). Does anyone knows what the problem is?

Gerardus

2. Gatto

Gatto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it the onscreen display or the front Panel on the AV receiver itself?

3. Gerardus

Gerardus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is on the reciever itself. If you turn on the reciever (powerbutton), there is no information at all.

4. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi Gerardus
    When you press the power button on the receiver you still have to turn it on with the remote or press the buttons on the front of the receiver to get it switched on.
    Gonzo.

5. Gerardus

Gerardus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Gonzo,

Yes I know. You can hear when the receiver is switched on. But after that there is still nothing on the display. The reciever is working fine at that moment, but no information on the display. I think I have to go to the dealer. There is something wrong (only 2 weeks old!).

6. gunrock

gunrock
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Geradus,

I think you may have a similar problem to my T752, which occurred in the weeks running up to my 752 dieing (refused to come out of standby).

Can you still control the device i.e change volume, change input device, etc? My would do the same but I couldn't control the device. Although it would continue decoding the source, I couldn't change volume or change inputs, even using the front panel.

I have just (about 15mins ago) been called by the service dept for Lenbrook UK (NAD's parent company) and they said that they have upgraded my 752 with all of the modifications that have been made since the unit was manufactured (whatever that means. Do they cut pcb traces and add circuits?) and also upgraded the firmware.

I asked the service representative what was wrong and he guessed that the unit shut itself down (perhaps due to overheating in the recent heatwave) and a software bug wouldn't allow it to startup again.

Anyway, the unit has only been gone a week and he thinks I may receive it back (via my dealer) by Friday. So my advice is to return the unit to the dealer with a note in the box explaining the problem and get it seen to.

Cheers

Steve

7. Gerardus

Gerardus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Steve,

Today I called my dealer. And that is a good delaer. I get a totally new one. I hope this one is good!.

gr.

Gerard

8. Gerardus

Gerardus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help me again!!

I'v got a new reciever, with new software ( 1.20) the old one was version 1.06. Now I have a new problem. With Dolby prologic 1 en 2 the sub doesn't work with the speakers on large. With 1.06 is was okay!!. I phoned with the dealer. They didn't believe me. They phoned with Nad. They gave no answer.
    So the dealer took my old reciever, the 1.06 reviever and: I was right. So they phoned NAD again. We are waiting for an answer.
    Wich software update do you have. If you have the 1.06, you may get problems with the display also (the NAD crew told). Man what a **** reciever. If you have 1.06 you may have problems, but if you have 1.20 you can't use your sub with large speakers.:confused: :nono::suicide:

9. Gatto

Gatto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a T762, with ver 1.18 installed on, on mine the above config. just works! Have you tried reseting the AV unit? Very strange

10. Gerardus

Gerardus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Gatto,

If you mean resetting/turning on and off: yes. Nad told the dealer that wuith the new software you can only use small speakers. They are mad!!!!

11. Gatto

Gatto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why this limitation? Surely everyone wants to set his Amp to his tastes! I can't understand the logic behind it!:confused:

12. Gerardus

Gerardus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So didn't I. With the speakers on small you can still put the sub on different frequenties 40, 60 HZ etc. Very unlogic. If you use small speakers the sub must be installed at , at least 120 HZ or higher. I think it is a software mistake again.

13. gunrock

gunrock
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    That explains a few things! My T752 had (I say had as I've just got it back, and it should have the latest firmware - haven't had a chance to check: we've got decorators in) v1.20 of the firmware and on PLI/PLII and Enhanced St.1 and Enhanced St.2 we had not sub even when the speakers were set to small. I thought that was a feature!

Gunrock

14. Gatto

Gatto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you think that its a prob or a bug report it to NAD, just send a mail to NAD technical support through NAD homepage.

15. Gerardus

Gerardus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tomorrow my dealer will have contact with Nad Benelux. I will wait on that answer. Nad Benelux didn't give any good answer to my dealer last week. "Something has changed" with the new firmware. What is something and what has changed?
    They should rewrite the owners manuel. Look for example at the HK 8500 owners manuel (pdf), that is a good manuel. They talk about frequenties, small speakers etc.
    I will wait till tomorrow

16. gunrock

gunrock
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I second that! Nobody has any idea what the brackground option is on input setup and even though there's a screenshot in the manual with that option displayed, there's no mention of it in the text, at all.

Gunrock

17. Gerardus

Gerardus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Today my dealer called. NAD benelux ( the techinici) will research this problem. They will check a new reciever (with 1.20 firmware). When the reciever is okay (with 1.20) I will get a new one ( the 3th reciever). I will wait, and wait and wait. I never bought a NAD reciever, amplifier etc. I doubt if I ever will. Although I still think it is the best sounding AV reciever at the moment on te market!!