NAD T761 with Evo 3B - any good?

E

EddyCurrent

Hello all, 1st post for me, so hopefully will get some good advice!

After many months pondering on kit to go with my 42 Plasma, I have been offered an AV set-up via a mate of a mate. He has only used the kit a few times, as his wife hates it and has ordered him to sell it!

Kit is a NAD T761 amp, AE Aegis Evo 3B speaker package and NAD 531 CD player. He's also including Artecama stands for the rears and an Artecama 2-tier stand plus about £200 woth of cables. It's less than 2 years old and I know it's well looked after.
He wants £750 for the lot
Just want to know if this would be a good set-up?
I've got a Pioneer 565 for a DVD source if you were wondering!

Seems good value and the NAD and Evo speakers will sound very good together. Decent CD player too.

Value? - well, I suspect he could get £750 without the CD player, so you're onto a good deal there. Offer him £650 cash if his wife is on his back; he may cave in! :devil:

The NAD will work nicely with your Pioneer too. :)

It's someone I know through work, and he is selling up because of 'Wife' pressure! He also has an 18 month old baby, so as well as hating the kit dominating her living room, he also gets a hard time about the noise! It is genuinely as new kit, and when he says he has hardly used it, I believe him! -
I've got a Wife and 2 kids under 4 years, and I don't get any hassle, so I suppose I should consider myself lucky! :D

I couldn't make it this weekend, so will have to check it out next week! :(

Another question on the Evo's though - I am a little worried they may be too large for my room, which is about 15 foot x 11 foot - what do you think?
Also, what is the minimum distance I should have behind the floorstanders?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom