Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

NAD T761 and DTS LFE

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Audio G, Feb 12, 2003.

1. Audio G

Audio G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Purchased a NAD T761 receiver a few months back. Decision was based on strong musicality and excellent movie reproduction.

Recently noticed that DTS movie soundtracks were lacking bottom end compared to DD version. After confirming a 10 dB reduction in the LFE (with a SPL meter), I had it shipped off to NAD for service (still under warranty). They did not notice any problem however a 10 dB SPL reduction should be perceived as being half as loud....I guess I am a descriminating listener.

I recently read a review of the Sherwood Newcastle R-956R by Stuart Robinson of HCC which had the same problem. Can this problem be corrected by the manufacturer?

Help!

2. wookie

wookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This was common on amps a year or so ago.

My Yamaha has a 10db difference between dd and dts.
    Simply calibrate the lfe levels for each format.
    DD set to 0db dts +10db

yyyaaaawwwrrrggghhhhaa:zonked:

3. Audio G

Audio G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply. NAD just confirmed the same. This was actually the DTS spec at the time which many manufacturers followed.

At least I am not losing my mind :laugh: