NAD T758v3 - Dolby Atmos 7.1.4 - Dirac Live

Jase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This has the potential to be an absolute corker for the money. Specs, Manual and PDF flyer available via the link below.

NAD Electronics | T 758 V3

I emailed NAD asking about it's Dolby Atmos configurations and they confirmed it will support up to 5.1.4 and 7.1.4 when using the relevant Pre-Outs. What makes this AVR interesting is that Dirac Live is going to be added to it in the near future.

It's current Retail price is £1299 and the UK Dealers/Distributors are also offering a £200 trade in promotion.

NAD T 758 V3 AV Receiver

So, for £1099 you're getting a 7ch AVR with processing for Dolby Atmos up to 7.1.4 and Dirac Live (future update).

It's use as a Processor only has certainly piqued my interest although only three HDMI Inputs may put off some people.

I'm waiting to try one of these out at a UK dealer (Sevenoaks) as the spec is highly appealing, especially with multi-channel analogue audio inputs. But I am bit alarmed by some of the comments appearing from early customers in the US. A couple of buyers from Crutchfields suggested the software was buggy, and the video side weak, despite very good audio quality. Any experiences to support/counter that?

I'm waiting to try one of these out at a UK dealer (Sevenoaks) as the spec is highly appealing, especially with multi-channel analogue audio inputs. But I am bit alarmed by some of the comments appearing from early customers in the US. A couple of buyers from Crutchfields suggested the software was buggy, and the video side weak, despite very good audio quality. Any experiences to support/counter that?

Oddly enough, I'd also read those. I decided to wait a bit until any issues had been ironed out and the Dirac Live update released.

Seems NAD have revised the specs and now it will come with just a Dirac Live Lite License but with an option to upgrade to the full version of Dirac Live. No price for that as yet.

Full Dirac Live will be an additional $99. See two posts below.

Last edited:
The full Dirac Live upgrade is an extra $99.

NAD Electronics | Dirac Live

Dirac Live LE features look pretty good as standard though.

Dirac Live LE for NAD($0)
  • 20Hz-500Hz Frequency response correction
  • Chair and sofa measurements
  • Includes NAD RoomFeel EQ target curve
  • Multi Channel Support
  • Optimizes all sound regardless of media player
  • 9 measurement positions
  • Mixed phase room correction technology
  • Impulse response correction
  • Shows room average measurements
  • Editable target curve, unlimited break points
  • Automatic target functionality

Additional Features in Dirac Live Full($99 US)*
  • 20Hz-20kHz Frequency response correction
  • Chair, sofa and auditorium measurements
  • Two computer licences

Last edited:

Scroll down to post 42 (and 55 for a better explanation) because Marcus soon changed his mind: The sub filter only gets applied to the LFE channel apparently.

Looks a bit like what Arcam did before they moved Dirac to after bass management with the later update, so hopefully NAD will be able to sort it out as Arcam have (albeit with a few work rounds at the moment with Arcam).

Yes, i'm watching that thread. It would be great if NAD can correct those bugs, it would be an excellent solution.

Any more news on this?

LPF on LFE bug is fixed, awaiting a new firmware release, coming soon
Cheers, is Dirac enbled yet?

And do you need a 4 Channel Amp to run 7.2.4?

Apologies for all the questions, there's only really this and the AVSForum thread on the go

Yeah Dirac’s been there for a while

And yes you’ll need an external amp. Same limitations with assigning the amps as the Arcams
Ah the amp assignment is a deal break, thanks for the info

I use a 7 channel amp in my setup. LCR + Atmos, then the AVR does the surround and surround backs :)
Not really got the room in my AV cabinet for a power amp without major surgery.

Keep coming back to this unit though, although would be just to run Dirac for the Centre speaker, 4 x Surrounds & 4 x Ceilings on my 7.2.4 Atmos system as I quite like Roomperfect on my Lyngdorf Stereo Amp for the fronts and subs for Movies

I’m assuming running the Lyngdorf in HT Bypass mode I’d only need a power amp to run 2 of the 4 ceiling speakers (The NAD powering the other 2) and my Centre Speaker?

Last edited:
Not really got the room in my AV cabinet for a power amp without major surgery.

Keep coming back to this unit though, although would be just to run Dirac for the Centre speaker, 4 x Surrounds & 4 x Ceilings on my 7.2.4 Atmos system as I quite like Roomperfect on my Lyngdorf Stereo Amp for the fronts and subs for Movies

I’m assuming running the Lyngdorf in HT Bypass mode I’d only need a power amp to run 2 of the 4 ceiling speakers (The NAD powering the other 2) and my Centre Speaker?

The XTZ Edge might be a good shout of you're tight on space, can fit 2 of them in a 1U space

Will this ever get DTS-X and Dolby Vision pass through updates in the future?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom