NAD T758v3 - Dolby Atmos 7.1.4 - Dirac Live

Many thanks @Estomac. I may try the putting more space, the 10cm extender cable is lying on top of the T758.

Curiously, the Unifi network controller can see the T758 as a client, but the iOS apps don't connect.
wifi_NAD.jpg
I have just installed the Ugreen ethernet dongle and wired it into the AV room switch. It hasn't made any difference. I've disconnected the wifi dongle hoping this would help but no change. Do I need to do anything to force it to use ethernet?

Is it worth trying a different USB hub? I've seen threads where people have reported success with that...

it's a real head scratcher. BluOS app has stopped seeing it too.

Many thanks @Estomac. I may try the putting more space, the 10cm extender cable is lying on top of the T758.

Curiously, the Unifi network controller can see the T758 as a client, but the iOS apps don't connect.
View attachment 1444336
I have just installed the Ugreen ethernet dongle and wired it into the AV room switch. It hasn't made any difference. I've disconnected the wifi dongle hoping this would help but no change. Do I need to do anything to force it to use ethernet?

Is it worth trying a different USB hub? I've seen threads where people have reported success with that...

it's a real head scratcher. BluOS app has stopped seeing it too.
What router do you have?
You could also try plugging in the Ethernet to the USB port directly, bypassing the dongle if you think it's that

Hi Rich. The router is a basic Plusnet job. It doesn't do any wifi, just feeds the WAN into the house ethernet, then 4 Unifi APs do wifi as needed. All the AV kit is on ethernet.

If I plug the ethernet adaptor in directly does that I lose BluOS streaming?

many thanks

Hi Rich. The router is a basic Plusnet job. It doesn't do any wifi, just feeds the WAN into the house ethernet, then 4 Unifi APs do wifi as needed. All the AV kit is on ethernet.

If I plug the ethernet adaptor in directly does that I lose BluOS streaming?

many thanks
Try rebooting the router, if that doesn't work, try factory resetting the 758
You'd only lose Bluetooth connectivity, the BluOS dongle is just a 4 ports USB 2.0 hub with wifi and bluetooth adapters

Plugged the ethernet adapter directly into the T758. My router's device map can see it connected to the LAN. App still doesn't work. Guess next step is a factory reset...

Rebooted router and app is working at least some of the time. Progress but not 100% confident.

However.

The t758 now refuses to decode any surround formats natively. It will upmix, but can’t seem to see atmos or 5.2 sound tracks on Apple TV and xbox.

Madness!

edit: yes it was disabling "CEC/LAN/BluOS in Standby that fixed it.
iOS app not working again.

Last edited:
I’m stumped..
I’ve got two back speakers set-up on the ceiling - outside of my 5.1. These are my Atmos speakers..
I’ve done Dirac with the 5.1 and two Atmos (back) speakers...
I can only use the Dirac configuration if I manually go in and turn off the Height speakers..
Each time I turn the amp back on the height speaker configuration turns back on (see attached pic)
CA2CE967-34CD-4558-B02F-5443FFD70DD8.jpeg
it’s like a mandatory setting or something..
How do I turn these “Height” speakers off in the configuration so that they don’t turn back in every time I shut the amp off.

I’m stumped..
I’ve got two back speakers set-up on the ceiling - outside of my 5.1. These are my Atmos speakers..
I’ve done Dirac with the 5.1 and two Atmos (back) speakers...
I can only use the Dirac configuration if I manually go in and turn off the Height speakers..
Each time I turn the amp back on the height speaker configuration turns back on (see attached pic)View attachment 1447813 it’s like a mandatory setting or something..
How do I turn these “Height” speakers off in the configuration so that they don’t turn back in every time I shut the amp off.
Not really sure what you mean here, sounds like your trying to run a 5.1 setup and a 5.1.2, if so that's pointless just setup the system as a 5.1.2

What type of speaker are you using for Atmos, is it mounted on the ceiling above the seating?
Have you set the Amplifier Setup section?

Nope just one setup 5.1.2
Speakers are above seating.
The image I showed is the Speaker Config - it seems to think there are height speakers (multiples - it says Height 1 and 2)
I turned these Height off and ran Dirac Live - al good.
But when I turn amp off, it defaults back to believing there are heights speakers and the DIRAC setting are disabled

Nope just one setup 5.1.2
Speakers are above seating.
The image I showed is the Speaker Config - it seems to think there are height speakers (multiples - it says Height 1 and 2)
I turned these Height off and ran Dirac Live - al good.
But when I turn amp off, it defaults back to believing there are heights speakers and the DIRAC setting are disabled
So your setup should be:
  • Speaker configuration: Height 1 - Top Middle
  • Amplifier Setup: Back Amplifier - Height 1

Have you put any settings into AV Presets, that can confuse things!

I'm taking a look at this AVR compared to the Arcam AVR390. The two tick a lot of boxes. There's very limited retailers in Ireland and with Brexit, buying from the UK is not an option at the moment. Due to this, I'll probably have to buy new. Both AVR's (v3i) are the same price (€1499) and both have positives over each other.

Above all else, with the AVR being located in the family room, stability is critical. What I really don't want is the wife giving me grief because the kids can't get the TV working! With the previous version of firmware, it's seems the Arcam is pretty stable. How is the Nad?

Also can you set preferences on the Nad? Eg. I select one of the two channel audio inputs and it loads a particular Dirac setting automatically?

Can each of the Dirac slots be loaded from the remote control? Eg. I press movie on my Harmony remote, the projector screen comes down, Nad switches to Nvidia Shield input and loads Dirac slot number 3 etc.

I envision that I won't use ARC or CEC. All sources will pass through the AVR to the TV with nothing required to flow back to the TV. When I do need a second output, I'll probably stump up for a HDFury.

Last edited:
I'm taking a look at this AVR compared to the Arcam AVR390. The two tick a lot of boxes. There's very limited retailers in Ireland and with Brexit, buying from the UK is not an option at the moment. Due to this, I'll probably have to buy new. Both AVR's (v3i) are the same price (€1499) and both have positives over each other.

Above all else, with the AVR being located in the family room, stability is critical. What I really don't want is the wife giving me grief because the kids can't get the TV working! With the previous version of firmware, it's seems the Arcam is pretty stable. How is the Nad?

Also can you set preferences on the Nad? Eg. I select one of the two channel audio inputs and it loads a particular Dirac setting automatically?

Can each of the Dirac slots be loaded from the remote control? Eg. I press movie on my Harmony remote, the projector screen comes down, Nad switches to Nvidia Shield input and loads Dirac slot number 3 etc.

I envision that I won't use ARC or CEC. All sources will pass through the AVR to the TV with nothing required to flow back to the TV. When I do need a second output, I'll probably stump up for a HDFury.
the nad is very stable now,im not having any issues,you get 3 dirac slots which you can select from the remote or app ,and you can set presets ,so i have preset 1, 5.1.2 configuration for opp 203,humax freesat box and arc input, preset 2 is set for bluos stereo configuration l&r large .works perfectly,and sounds superb.

Recently bought a 758v3 second hand and was wondering how you transfer Dirac to a new owner.
im pretty sure dirac stays with you not the amp.the lite version of dirac stays with the amp.

Last edited:
I am on the look out for a new amp currently running arcam avr400. This is for music and film with monitor audio apex and arendal 1961 subwoofer. Would one of these be a successful upgrade over the arcam so that i can go to atmos and hi rez music. Can it stream qbuz. Currently using Spotify as of family plan but basically it sounds shocking. Only going to connect a 4k blu ray for sound as it has two outs for film snd audio and a optical for sky and tv apps. My oled is not stmos any help appreciated as going round in circles

Hi El Barto! Could be related to my recent EDID issue. Unplugging the NAD for 10 seconds may force the refresh of the EDID metadata from your display. Ready my analysis may give you idea for debugging your case. You may also experiment by enabling "CEC in Standby" to allows the T758 to not forget the 4K EDID settings, as you'll prevent the HDMI card to go in standby.

Well to bring this to a conclusion, it does indeed look like by enabling "CEC in Standby" mode ONLY that it retains the EDID settings so I get 2160P all the time now, thanks @Estomac

I've noticed some discussion, but cannot locate easily, about HDMI or sound issues relating to older boards (where the digital inputs are on the top of the unit). Can anyone explain what the problem was and what did NAD do to remediate the issue, if anything?

I've noticed some discussion, but cannot locate easily, about HDMI or sound issues relating to older boards (where the digital inputs are on the top of the unit). Can anyone explain what the problem was and what did NAD do to remediate the issue, if anything?
if i remember correctly there was distortion on the pre outs ,nad changed the layout of the board to fix it.

if i remember correctly there was distortion on the pre outs ,nad changed the layout of the board to fix it.

Could owners of T758's with the older module have it replaced for free or was it a paid upgrade?

Could owners of T758's with the older module have it replaced for free or was it a paid upgrade?
pretty sure it was free,i had ordered the amp and it arrived with the old board ,called ssv and they sent a replacement amp with the new board.

Are these still worth buying at the right price. Im worried about reliability issues over something like a denon etc any thoughts appreciated

Are these still worth buying at the right price. Im worried about reliability issues over something like a denon etc any thoughts appreciated
changed from a marantz sr 7011 to the nad ,blows the 7011 away for sound quality then add dirac which is a game changer compared to audyssey, the nad does not have all the bells and whistles like the d&m stuff ,over the moon with the nad.

Thank you i just need something good for music atmos and dts x. With a couple of hdmi. Coming from a arcam avr400. Do you have any issues at all bugs etc

Thank you i just need something good for music atmos and dts x. With a couple of hdmi. Coming from a arcam avr400. Do you have any issues at all bugs etc
the amp had a few minor bugs which have been fixed via firmware,the amps very stable now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom