1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nad T752

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by DownToTheBone, Feb 16, 2003.

1. DownToTheBone

DownToTheBone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Anyone got any thoughts on this receiver. I've seen the reviews on the NAD site and they look pretty good (obviously ... they wouldn't include bad reviews). My listening is 50/50.

I currently own the Marantz 5200.

DTTB

2. Robert

Robert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am the happy owner of the T751 and it sounds great. I think that if I will upgrade, I will go for the T762 as its a great AMP too with 6 channel of amplification built in and all of the latest processing installed! But right now i am happy with my current setup.

As for the T751, the AMP stays very cool, the AMplification is first class and the internal processor is great. This AV weighs about 17KGs, so it says somthing of the built in power supply, and goes down to 4 Ohms load speakers! The AMp is rated as 60*5 all amps driven all together, with a peak current capability of 40 amps.

On another thread within this forum I have heard that the Fan installed on the on the T752 little bit noisy, but I think you have to check it out yourself at a local dealer! On the t751, the Fan installed switches on and off whenever the heat rises up and you have to put your ears right near the the Power supply to hear it!

I think that within this forum, NAD AV amps are not regarded as the AMPS for choice for a home cinema system! But you have to hear these amps in action with music and Home Cinema to really know the truth don't let reviews put you off! As you might know, NAD have a great experience on 2 channel AMPs, and most of the knowledge have been transfered to the AV AMPS.

But the best way to choose your amp is to let your ears gide you! Better compare different models from different manufacturers and test them up at your local AV shop!

3. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi downtothebone
    I have ordered the nad t752 from hifi bitz for £503 with the avforums discount.The reason ive gone for this amp is that it is good with music and av it will also fit in with the rest of my equipment.The amp is only 5.1 which is all i will ever use. 2dsp modes which which i dont use. It will output a true 5x80watts all channels driven.If you do a search on the usforums you will see where it outperforms many a receiver is really well liked and would have sold many more units had it not been for two faults.These being a noisy fan and overheating.Have spoken to naduk they told me both faults had been rectified and the units were now ok.So i think its worth the risk imo.
    You do get 2years warranty.
    Gonzo:)