Nad T752/762

D

Dazed

AV land have details of the new NAD receivers on their website. Looks like the the T752 is available for order now while the price and release date for the T762 is coming soon.

Has anyone heard these amps in action and how do you think it measures up against the as yet still unreleased Marantz SR7300 (which I've had on order since September). I'm kind of getting itchy to assemble my system what with DVD player and Gallo's still boxed up and unused:(

NAD T752

http://www.avland.co.uk/nad/t752/index.htm

T762

http://www.avland.co.uk/nad/t762/index.htm

Hi, I have a Nad T752 purchased a month ago. It sounds excellent. The speakers I am using are Boston Acoustic coRELation package. ( 2 Micro 90x II / 2 Micro 80 II / Micro 90c II / REL Q150 sub ) Unfortunately the manual is a pig and NAD doesn't answer emails.:mad:

Cheers for the reply. I've virtuallyy given up on ever getting the Sr7300.

One thing that concerns me about the NAD is the cooling fan - how often does this come on and how loud is it - personally I hate extraneous noise especially since a lot of the time I'll probably be listening to the amp at quite low volumes - hopefully the fan won't be coming on in these instances?

Glad to be of help. The fan is noticeable when it comes on. This is roughly hourly depending on what is being used etc. I normally listen to sound levels below -40db. I live in a flat so have to consider neighbours. :rolleyes: If you can, try and find a dealer who can demo the T752 and your speakers.

hi brifobwad
what did you compare your nad to thanks gonzo

Hi gonzo
I have an Arcam Alpha 7R and am really happy with the sound so looked at the Arcam AV range to start. A mate said go to Richer Sounds so I looked there and spotted a Nad T741. I then started to look on the Net for prices/specifications on Arcam/Nad. I saw the spec for the T752 and fell in love with the spec.

Fortunately the Scottish Hi-Fi and Home Cinema Show fell at the right time so I got to see a lot of different combinations in the one place at the one time. This included the Nad which at that point was only three weeks in the country. A fortnight later I bought the T752.

The Nad apparently can support a 10.2 system using an external power amp. I am currently running 7.1 using the Arcam to power my old speakers ( a pair of 25 year old Wharfedale Linton 3XP )

Thanks brifobwad:)

Anyone else listned to one of these amps ?
Really interested in hearing some more comments....
:rolleyes:

thanks,

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom