Nad T550 Or Sony Dvps535...?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Firefox, Jul 19, 2001.

1. Firefox

Firefox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +164
    Hi , I am in the market for a new DVD Player since my Toshiba SD100E Died suddenly on me , I have my eye on a couple of models , one is the Nad T550 the other is the Sony DVPS535 , they are both more or less the same price , So i would appreciate anyones opinion on either of these Machines ,

Thanks in advance

2. robbo

robbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting.I bought a NAD from Richer Sounds and loved it for about a day.Then the problems started.It was a multiregion version,but severe lipsync problems appeared on ALL R1 discs.Pausing the player momentarily cured it until it slipped again.The pause on layer transfer was V-E-R-Y long,and whenever a digital soundtrack kicked in there was a loud click through the back speakers.So I took it back and bought the Sony 535.What a player.No lipsync problems,no layer pause,and no nasty clicks.The only thing wrong is that it won't play RCE discs,but I can live with that.Buy the Sony.

3. TJSMANGINA

TJSMANGINA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    how about a toshiba sd9000 its the mutts nutts only 350 pound i think from hispek an its a storming machine.have a look at the review on this website.thats what im going for considering it was 900 pound 2 years not so long ago :)

4. Firefox

Firefox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +164
    Thanks for getting back to me Guys , I went and got the Nad T550 , its a nice player but it has a few Quirks which are bugging me , the sound on some films totally cuts out for a brief second occasionally while watching , I have phoned the shop who recommened i try the Sony DVP-S735 , So i agreed, and they are ordering me one in for Wednesday , Thanks for the info on the Toshiba sd9000 , I will go and read some reviews on this machine ,

If anyone has any views on the Sony 735 (Good or Bad) I would like to hear them

Thanks again for all the help

5. TJSMANGINA

TJSMANGINA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no problem mate the 735 is a very sweet player by the way.man im glad i didnt get the nad dvd player lol.the web site is hispek.com if you wanna check out the toshiba player.once you read the review i dont think you will get the sony lol happy shopping mate :)