1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NAD t163 Processor

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by GlennC, Apr 6, 2005.

1. GlennC

GlennC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Hi,

Has any one any experience of the nad processor i cannot find much info\reviews on it and wonder if anyone has heard it in action.

Thanks

Glenn

2. 30CenturyMan

30CenturyMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Yep, had one on home demo. Very flexible unit with excellent sound quality for both movies and music. Highly recommended. :smashin:

3. GlennC

GlennC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Scott,

Thanks for the info do u compare it to any similar priced kit?

Glenn

4. 30CenturyMan

30CenturyMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Glenn,

As far as I'm aware, the only other manufacturer offering a similar priced processor is Rotel, and I've never heard any of their processors.

Trust me, the NAD is an excellent performer. Try to get a demo and see what you think.

5. Sedator

Sedator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was facing the same challenge, when I wanted to get reviews of the T163. Did find only very few. As an old NAD user, I had a good confidence level to the brand. I did not let me down.

I got my T163(v2) half a year ago, and it has proved to be reliable, humming free (thanks to v2) with musical NAD sound. I had a change to listen also Rotel 1068, and to me NAD wins in all categories but in the looks; the grey oldfashioned rounded windows looks is far away from high-end or even mid-end looks.