NAD T 778 AV Receiver Review & Comments

Bman

Thanks for that, Bman. Does this mean that units that had the popping 'preinstalled' can't be fixed?
Everything can be fixed, but I would assume that from now on, dealers will sell only units from the new production batch and will return the old ones.

Skyrider

Everything can be fixed, but I would assume that from now on, dealers will sell only units from the new production batch and will return the old ones.

So what's the remedy for those who have older units with the issue: replacement?

Skyrider

Contact your dealer/NAD Support

Have contacted NAD Support, will talk to the dealer shortly.

Has anyone with the issue actually had it remedied?

steviedr

Distinguished Member
Yep, I had first power on pops that could clearly be heard from seating position, newer unit sorted it. There are still codec/source change ticks, but I can only hear them with headphones on, can’t be heard from sitting 4m away.
Firmware also updated a few of my other niggles. Happy to report no issues (well, that annoy me).
I have changed auto eArc to have a source, auto does work the majority of the time, but having a dedicated eArc source for it works every time.

Skyrider

Yep, I had first power on pops that could clearly be heard from seating position, newer unit sorted it. There are still codec/source change ticks, but I can only hear them with headphones on, can’t be heard from sitting 4m away.
Firmware also updated a few of my other niggles. Happy to report no issues (well, that annoy me).
I have changed auto eArc to have a source, auto does work the majority of the time, but having a dedicated eArc source for it works every time.

Thanks steviedr, that's good to know. Enjoy!

Thanks steviedr, that's good to know. Enjoy!
I also get the pop when I turn it on. I've had it for months but my dealer will get me a new one when available. To be honest it doesn't really bother me.

Skyrider

I also get the pop when I turn it on. I've had it for months but my dealer will get me a new one when available. To be honest it doesn't really bother me.

Thanks, Trophy hunter. I assume that you are otherwise happy with the amp...

donaldm2k

Novice Member
Hi everyone. I'm a HiFi noob who's thinking of upgrading from my Pioneer SC-07 AV receiver with B&W 201 speakers.
Does anyone know if the NAD T 778 would have enough oomph to feed B&W 603 S2 or B&W 704 S2 speakers ("unlock their potential") ? My musical taste is mainly pop / rock, accoustics, and classical. And I don't play really loud.

xafier

Hi everyone. I'm a HiFi noob who's thinking of upgrading from my Pioneer SC-07 AV receiver with B&W 201 speakers.
Does anyone know if the NAD T 778 would have enough oomph to feed B&W 603 S2 or B&W 704 S2 speakers ("unlock their potential") ? My musical taste is mainly pop / rock, accoustics, and classical. And I don't play really loud.

It drives my Kef R500's perfectly fine which are probably of a similar calibre to those B&W models you have suggested. Sounds great with rock and metal which is my go to as well as classical acoustic/piano which I dabble in also :)

donaldm2k

Novice Member
It drives my Kef R500's perfectly fine which are probably of a similar calibre to those B&W models you have suggested. Sounds great with rock and metal which is my go to as well as classical acoustic/piano which I dabble in also :)
Thanks for your feedback, xafier !

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom