1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NAD stereo with NAD Av Amp problems!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Douzeper, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Douzeper

Douzeper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, I'll see if I can explain this right..... bought a new NAD AV AMP, I already have a NAD Stereo AMP for music.

I have NAD AV amp from Pre Outs to Main pre ins on stereo amp. So both amps need to be on.

First problem is the fact that the remote is the same signal so if i turn volume up on the AV AMP the volume on the Stereo amp goes up also, not a problem when I am watching movies as the volume becomes redundant on the Stereo amp with the pre outs from AV amp in (front speakers), problem will arise when I "forget" to switch volume down on stereo amp before using it as I noticed it was at maximum after using AV Amp for a while.

Second problem is I cannot switch just the stereo amp and cd player on without the AV AMP coming on, so if I put a cd in I wont be able to hear it as the volume is redunant. Ok I could switch AV AMP off and not leave it on standby, but I'm wondering is there a way around this?

By the looks of it it hasn't been thought out very well by NAD! unless I am missing a vital point?