1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NAD S500 Silver Series

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by mikeburns, Jan 22, 2003.

1. mikeburns

mikeburns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +305
    Has anyone (anyone own one) got an opinion on the NAD S500 Silver Series CD player? I have got to go miles for a demo so am thinking about going for the more logical Cyrus CD7Q. Any opinions would be most welcome.

Thanks

Mike

2. CJROSS

CJROSS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    Aint heard it but the last HFW has a review in it FYI they rate it reasonably well, HFC has a review last month as well and they give it *****. Of more interest though is the excellent connections this player offers for £1200, Fully Balanced XLR analogue outputs, in addition to the normal RCAs AND a balanced XLR/AES digital input in addition to the RCA SPDIF, this on a £1200 player is a stonking connection spec & one that quite frankly leaves the rest of the £1000 Integrated. CD Player competition reeling, the only other £1000 ish CDP to come close in connection terms is the Creek CD53 (which also has attention paid to its digital ouput). I have made these points as they are noteworthy for the future in upgrades terms. What the S500i sounds like can only be judged by yourself. But IMHO purely going on what you are getting for your budget these 2 players (epsecially the S500i) are head & shoulders above the rest of the competition, a wake up call to the £1000 CD manufacturers IMO. One thing is certain with players like this coming on the market at £1000 it has never been a better time to get a slice of the estoric high end for (relative) pennies. BTW the Cyrus 7Q is a highly thought of machine but I know where my money would go.

Here is a thread from the HFC forum you may find interesting :

http://forum.hifichoice.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3417