1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NAD Receiver (T751) Problem

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by kiwiranger, Dec 3, 2002.

1. kiwiranger

kiwiranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Folks

I'm posting this on behalf of a mate who has just bought himself a NAD receiver (T751 as mentioned above). He's managed to muck around with his settings, and now has a major issue with surround sound.

His centre speaker seems to have been set to REALLY REALLY quiet. You can just hear sound out of it if you place your ear right next to it. All the other speakers have no problem.

I've run him through a couple of ideas, and made sure that the centre speaker is set to "ON" and "SMALL" (which it is). I've run the Monster Inc DVD's THX optimiser over his system and it just confirms what I've said above.

Anybody have any ideas?

If we can't get it working by tomorrow, then it's going back to the shop it came from (where they will no doubt humiliate him and fix it in 10 minutes flat).

Thanks

Chris 'kiwiranger' Parke

2. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    hi kiwiranger
    ive been doing some research on the new nad receivers on a american forum quite a few people have experienced problems with faulty channels ie no sound or very little sound i was thinking of buying the nad 762 but these problems seem to be true let me know how you get on thanks gonzo.

3. kiwiranger

kiwiranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Gonzo

Thanks for that info. I'll post any results on this forum.

Ta

Kiwiranger

4. kiwiranger

kiwiranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well not exactly a solution as such, but mate got his receiver exchanged and is (currently) very happy with new one.

Kiwiranger