1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NAD Netcap

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by bobbybox, Feb 25, 2005.

1. bobbybox

bobbybox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Has anyone used a NAD Netcap or know anything useful about it in practice please?

I've been reviewing the various digital music server threads on this forum but nothing about the Netcap appears!

It looks expensive for what it is - but on the other hand it is more hifi looking (I already have a NAD 370 Amp) than some of the other offerings in this market space.

More info at: http://www.avland.co.uk/nad/netcap/NAD_NetCap.pdf

Any thoughts guys?

Ta

Rob

2. pentode

pentode

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I've phoned AVland & they say they don't have any - maybe in two weeks. I've also phoned Lenbrook (NAD UK importers) & they say that none have arrived yet, not even a demo unit - may be april.

There was a datasheet for this on the NAD US website, but it was removed about a week ago - not looking good :(

3. bobbybox

bobbybox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mmm interesting...

I might get to the Bristol Trade Show this weekend and maybe someone there can shed some light on this...

rob

4. nsherin

nsherin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I spoke to NAD about it at the Bristol Show on Saturday, as I was looking forward to having a look at one, whilst there. Unfortunately, there's a delay on them at the moment. They weren't sure why. Definately looks like a cool piece of kit if your HTPC is some distance away from your amp/display.

5. bobbybox

bobbybox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the update nsherin - I'll keep my eyes open :)

Rob