NAD M51 DAC 35-bit/ 844kHz

L

Lou ming

The new NAD M51 DAC finally came out where I live, but I think it was only a demo sample. It should be out around now, so keep an eye out. Heard it, and it really sounded great :clap:. The internal 35-bit /844 kHz process works pretty good as far as I could tell.

It has HDMI input so you can connect it to your Blu-Ray player and video out to get a high quality home cinema stereo setup.

Any other who has heard it yet ?

Last edited:
The new NAD M51 DAC finally came out where I live, but I think it was only a demo sample. It should be out around now, so keep an eye out. Heard it, and it really sounded great :clap:. The internal 35-bit /844 kHz process works pretty good as far as I could tell.

It has HDMI input so you can connect it to your Blu-Ray player and video out to get a high quality home cinema stereo setup.

M51 Direct Digital DAC - NAD Electronics

Also found a first impression on this desktop blog : Desktop-audioblog | DAC´s, Can´s and Amp´s - All in betweenDesktop-audioblog | DAC´s, Can´s and Amp´s – All in between

Any other who has heard it yet ?
Call me a cynic, but this "blog" strikes me as shilling by HiFiKlubben or whomever coincidentally happens to distribute all these brands.

That "blog entry" is also posted on the NAD website claiming to be a "user review".

Im not that sophisticated in these but why would a professional marketer be pretending to be an average Joe user? I guess when you're trying to sell a very expensive DAC + 20 quid HDMI switch, then "SEO" aka shilling is necessary?

I have now moved the links and two post, that is seems no one is really interesting in this DAC and I must say Osamede seems only interested in being very counter productive. Bravo great attitude.

Last edited:
Lou>
Unfortunately, please understand our skepticism.
Unfortunately you're a new user, linking directly to a manufacturers website and commenting on "35 bit technology", as though it's genuinely useful with 16 bit files. By default, that does seem a little "odd" for a new member to post about.
If you were an experienced member who'd been on the forums for several years and had gained a level of credibility by adding value in threads, you'd likely get a far more positive response.

I have now moved the links and two post, that is seems no one is really interesting in this DAC and I must say Osamede seems only interested in being very counter productive. Bravo great attitude.

I think your actions in removing the links probably reflect an understanding that arriving as a new member,and in your first post,linking in that way was bound to be seen as unusual.

Osamede has only voiced what others have thought,and I will say that as the mod for this section,the links struck me as unusual also.

So perhaps a bit less of the "Bravo great attitude" remarks.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom